Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How good are yanmars?

zeroo ยท 2022-02-06 18:51

Selling my kx040 and it might go way sooner than i expected. Want a new 5 series kubota but there is a yanmar vio55 available. Other than youtube channels i watch like letdig18 i have no experience. I stopped a few months ago and checked out a vio50 on the lot. The hydraulics seemed good. The only reason i am wanting to sell the kx040 is the lack of hydraulics when you use tracks and boom or blade. Digging is fine, but if your moving and using boom there is a huge decrease in hydro power to everything. The u48 has 1 pump but 7 gpm more flow than the 040 and the u55/kx057 has more than one pump. The yanmar looks to have 3 pumps. Any thoughts?

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2022-02-06 20:28

    I have run the smaller Yanmar's 3.5 ton and it was decent, especially the interior. One thing I have always noticed about their bigger machines is their bucket breakout never seemed that impressive. Never ran one to confirm the numbers you read, just something I noticed when comparing them to others of similar size. Their hyd coupler standard is a nice touch.

  2. #2CM19952022-02-06 20:54

    Don't know about the mini's but the little Yanmar diesel engines have a great reputation.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2022-02-06 21:38

    Ditto what CM1995 said. I've had several commercial mowers with Yanmar diesels that gave us great service! Had the machines 20 years with no engine issues.

  4. #4Bumpsteer2022-02-07 00:17

    Another vote for Yanmar engines......flawless. Ed

  5. #5Keith Merrell2022-02-07 01:05

    I have a Takeuchi TB260 with a Yanmar engine. It has been very good to me. I'd try the Yanmars as long as the dealer support exists in your area.