Wonder with this horrible economy and sales in the tank how long before many just close up? Some companies like tele-handler companies have to be near death by now. What ever they sell is for next to nothing I am sure.Telehandlers JLG / Lull / Skytrac / are down to near nothing JLG manlift side is also down to nothing. Dealers hang on by parts and service I guess but manufactures must be in sad shape. Watching auction today on iron planet and it is very sad to see what stuff goes for. Two or three year old tele-handlers going for 30% or less of their value. I don't follow the other types of equipment as close but the deals look to abound. Good if your buying sad if your forced to sell in a pinch. CAT and some other big ones will hang on but others will go soon I guess. Gradall is gone I guess Oshkosh parent company of JLG, Lull, Skytrac with military contracts will make the rest of JLG hang on. I don't see anything changes for 2 years or more.
It's bad, but it's getting better. I think we've passed the bottom and this spring we'll rebound. I'm already seeing a lot more jobs to bid. The general feeling I get from others is a better future. Don't feel too sorry for manufacturers, they can always sell to the government. They're the only ones who have any money in a recession.
I'm not sure if it's all just coincidental, but as a Cat powertrain rebuilding company that has really felt the depression over the last couple years, we've been running around like crazy trying to keep up with the wave of work we've gotten over the last month. If it continues like this for much longer, we're gonna have to start hiring again! :thumbsup (Note: About 3% off the work we have in our shop right now is California based. Things still aren't looking good for our state. :beatsme)
I am personally very busy as a wrench, but idk. Alot of the people in the know around my area are saying this year looking to be worse than last year. No big steady stuff going on books at all. Maybe I'm busy with guys anticipating something that may not come and want there equipment ready for it.
The problem is with thie own hands, if they try to help us a little bit we might be able o help them, but when they think that we can affored a big payments with big o intrest rates, then it is thier own fault, they say that they are trying t help the small guys that's all Big O BS, the Banks atthe moment will not give a small business owner any loan peiod. So if the $$$ not here then companies can't survive. after all there are way more avarage JOe than rich $$$ dave LOL.