So here is the scenario. I have a cat 303cr. It's getting up around 3k hours. Not bad for a home owner/farm application, but for an o/o down time is expensive. What I love the most about the machine is the width. 5'1" Last year alone, I got into 3-4 jobs because machines of 5'6" plus were not able to access the space. (a typical 3.5ton machines) Yes, it's a little tipsy over the tracks but a little common sense goes a long way........ My list of "new machines include a Kubota kx91, a TK235 and a Yanmar vio35. The Kx91 makes the most sense for various reasons, but I fear it's a bit too "small" compared to the cat 303. It's about 750lbs lighter (10% giver or take) than my cat 303. All other specs seem to be close. It's the lifting weight I'm worried about the most..... Welcome any constructive thoughts...... including any other machines you may think I should have a look at. Again, max width 5'.3". 0 tail swing is not a huge concern..... Thanks
We have Hitachi ZX35's, 303.5c's, 304c's, & a 305e in our fleet. I also do a lot of volunteer work for Wa DNR where I mainly use Kubotas. If I were to buy a machine for myself I would buy a Kubota without hesitation. Seems strange that it would be so much lighter. See if you can demo one and run it head to head with your 303.