Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How *NOT* to unload a load of lumber!

BDFT ยท 2011-06-03 22:33

This guy lost control on a bad corner coming into town. First responders got called out about 6:15 AM and we spent the next 2 hours sorting this guy out. He survived the crash but the brand new Freightliner is a little worse for wear, especially after we got done with it. Anybody want to build a couple of houses?

Replies13
  1. #1CM19952011-06-04 00:37

    Glad the driver survived the crash and hope he didn't sustain serious injuries. I have bought a few 100K BF of Canfor 2x's in my time, good product especially their finger joint 9 and 10' studs.

  2. #2mitch5042011-06-04 00:56

    I've sold Canfor a few thousand tons of pine sawlogs, maybe you built things out of my logs.

  3. #3CM19952011-06-04 01:04

    Aaa-hah! So that's where those crooked 2x4x18's came from!:tong

  4. #4mitch5042011-06-04 01:37

    Nope, I x-ray them all, to make sure I only ship logs with straight boards in 'em.

  5. #5cutting edge2011-06-04 01:58

    do they even see 18 ft down there?

  6. #6CM19952011-06-04 10:45

    Back several years ago when I was buying dimensional by the truckloads, 2x4x18 often was the cheapest per BF when buying 2x4 LF. (12-14-16-18 FT bundles as apposed to precut studs). What I usually got was CANFOR when I bought spruce. Just joking around with Mitch. Mitch your pine logs probably went to make 2x6,8,10 and 12's. Pine 2x4's are not good for much other than form work and pressure-treating. Spruce is a superior 2x4 material.:yup

  7. #7mitch5042011-06-04 11:38

    Actually, everything that Canfor makes here is treated southern yellow pine. But, on the subject of joking, did you really think I take an X-ray machine to the woods? :drinkup, CM

  8. #8CM19952011-06-04 11:43

    You don't??? :tong

  9. #9mitch5042011-06-04 11:55

    If you could see me, you'd know I was wandering away, shaking my head.

  10. #10brushmaster902011-07-16 12:39

    Bad crash ide say. Luckily he was ok and thats what matters most.

  11. #112stickbill2011-07-16 14:34

    That is what I was wondering.We use them all the time here.Make sure there is no bombs hidden in them.

  12. #12turbo642014-11-14 11:36

    He's going straight to the unemployment line. He has no reason to go to yard except get his vehicle.

  13. #13old-iron-habit2014-11-14 13:04

    Not joking, but has anybody seen the new band saws work that follow the grain in a crooked log and then it drys into a straight board. They had a feature on them in Timber Producers a year or so back. Have not seen one in person.