Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How sexy or rugged is your machine looking?

Speedpup ยท 2009-02-04 20:46

:dizzy:dizzy:spaz How sexy is your machine? I know you all think I am nuts by now! I would imagine we all have favorite type or types of heavy equipment. So what I am getting at is how do the lines, color or manufacturing technics of your machine attract you or influence your purchase or fondness of it? When I started in business in 1975 and finally got a 1966 Lull in 1978 I would fall asleep with the brochure for new style on my chest. until I finally got one. Even now I still like looking at the old brochure. I like telehandlers but have always gravitated towrds Lulls or Gradalls. Others look shall I say less attractive in the lines department. Some look bulky or awkward even though they may be great machines. I could spend hours looking at machines I like online ointhead looking for a certain angle or picture I like. OK now you can have me committed or stoned to death!

Replies26
  1. #1Burnout2009-02-04 23:06

    I can definately see equipment bein sexy. I generally find a good hoe sexy. You look at the new 450 Deere's or even the older 992's they had nice lines that all complemented eachother. But quite possilbly the sexiest hoe out right now has to be the 385CL Cat's. I am not a fan of them, but when you see a 385 walking across site kinda swung off to the side a big, boom up in the air and a 7ft bucket hangin off her.... its a downright sexy machine. And Cat does a nice job of making them look good, nice lines, some colour seperation to break up the big panels. Too bad they don't use very good paint or decals anymore.

  2. #2special tool2009-02-05 06:37

    Here is my girlfriend. I try to have sex with her at least once a week.

  3. #3Burnout2009-02-05 10:42

    Ok well if were goin with pics. This is the one I was talkin about. http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/Burnout8506/Sureway 2008/DSC01630Small.jpg

  4. #4Grader4me2009-02-05 11:16

    Gee guy's I like machinery to but...the buck stops there careful..you might get nailed for sexual hoeassment

  5. #5ddigger2009-02-05 12:16

    Its rare to see such a clean 225 these days, pride in ownership shows.

  6. #6guyinthesky2009-02-05 12:58

    I don't own one...yet...but when I win the lottery, I'll buy one and erect it in the backyard just for fun, so I can play when I'm bored or need some TLC from the majestic "bird"...but everytime I see a Liehberr Tower Crane, I gotta admit, I get a little excited. The girlfriend gets mad, but shucks what can I say? beauty at its best

  7. #7special tool2009-02-05 14:06

    Well I wouldn't kick her out of bed for snoring, either.:drinkup

  8. #8Hesi2009-02-06 01:19

    You gotta luv a big EX , But an old crawler always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. : )

  9. #9catstockblog2009-02-06 01:51

    well, I have this blog about Caterpillar Inc. (financials mostly) but I try to post tractor-related multimedia when I get the chance. I came here mostly to read up on equipment and didn't want to annoy anybody with links to my site, but durned if I didn't do something on this topic just today: Something Caterpillar Australia put together to advertise on a reality tv show starring tradespeople. Video link here: http://catstockblog.com/2009/02/mini-excavators-in-love/

  10. #10qball2009-02-06 21:38

    an old high nose d-9. chub-o-rama. or a 235dlc. schwing! oops, i guess schwing is kinda sexy too

  11. #11T_S_S2009-02-06 21:53

    My 450dlc usually gets me going

  12. #12qball2009-02-06 22:03

    ooooh, nice lines, great curves. pure sex!

  13. #13Turbo218352009-02-06 22:25

    I dunno, looks like a little too much counterweight for her front end. Might want to send her to the gym

  14. #14qball2009-02-06 22:46

    :jerry

  15. #15Dirtman20072009-02-06 22:48

    A nice clean hoe is always a treat to jump into first thing in the morning. She is sweedish too:drinkup A big ol 375 sitting on a hill on a nice day will also get the blood flowing

  16. #16T_S_S2009-02-06 23:02

    Believe me when that 4.5 yd bucket is heaping , you need every pound of that counter weight.

  17. #17T_S_S2009-02-06 23:04

    dirtman - That volvo is mint. How many hours does she have?

  18. #18Dirtman20072009-02-06 23:25

    I've got like 2650 hrs on it. I just gave her a hand wash before the picture:drinkup

  19. #19adr022009-02-07 01:18

    Made in Korea

  20. #20Speedpup2009-02-07 08:09

    I just like the stance of this! http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6153803&GUID=3d658ca055584366b89ca1b07e6904d9 http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6520143&GUID=3d658ca055584366b89ca1b07e6904d9 http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6335613&GUID=3d658ca055584366b89ca1b07e6904d9 http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6650020&GUID=3d658ca055584366b89ca1b07e6904d9 http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6357310&GUID=3d658ca055584366b89ca1b07e6904d9 :jawdrop:jawdrop:woohoo:naughty:dizzy:bouncegri

  21. #21BCB2009-02-08 18:56

    uh.... i know a lot of the volvo trackhoe line is made right here in Asheville NC, i know the 210 and some other models are anyway.

  22. #22Dirtman20072009-02-08 19:09

    ACS Construction Equipment, that's where mine came from. I think thats the name of the place in Asheville. I could have sworn that the tag said made in Sweeden on it. I'll have to check next time.

  23. #23adr022009-02-08 21:43

    Guess I was wrong.. Or right, depending on the year, the ones I ran were Korean

  24. #24Lar2009-02-09 00:02

    375 Looks nice, wish I had one to play with!

  25. #25oriden2009-02-09 12:18

    a decent 320 D will get my rocks off!

  26. #26BCB2009-02-10 00:38

    yeah thats the dealer her, but the Volvo plant is about 15 min. from there on Hendersonville Rd. we went on a tour there with my school ( its great getting a degree in heavy equipment lol :drinkup )