Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to disengage bucket self level

Ultimateshrub ยท 2010-12-01 23:32

Does anybody know if it's possible to disconnect the self level feature on a Gehl CTL 60 skidsteer? If so is there a simple way to do it?

Replies8
  1. #1andoman2010-12-02 06:16

    On the wheeled versions it's a push button on one of the joysticks, I'm not sure about the tracked version.

  2. #2stuvecorp2010-12-02 23:06

    I have a Mustang MTL 16 and it has the bucket leveling but I haven't found any way to turn it off. I don't care for the self leveling at all.

  3. #3Ultimateshrub2010-12-02 23:20

    Thanks for the replies guys. Yes the bucket leveling is annoying for many tasks and so I have used the button on the joystick to disengage it however it is only a temporary fix. I was hoping there was a more permanent solution without causing issues to the rest of the machines operation. Thanks again for the comments.

  4. #4stuvecorp2010-12-02 23:28

    On my Case they were able to disable it but I think my cycle times are a touch slower. At least on the 70XT you could turn it off.

  5. #5buckfever2010-12-03 19:57

    Just curious, what do you do that you don't want the self leveling?

  6. #6Ultimateshrub2010-12-04 05:51

    When I am back blading for instance, I like to preset the blade at a certain angle and when I boom up to move forward the tilt angle changes due to the self level feature. When I boom down to start backward again the angle is never the same. I had it in to the dealer and they adjusted it or rather didn't because they said it was working the way it is supposed to.

  7. #7kuangqy2010-12-04 08:14

    there is a type of valve, it can self leveling both raise and down for SSL.

  8. #8kuangqy2010-12-04 08:18

    If you need't self level function, you can backout the self valve, it is not difficult I think.