I have a 2015 CAT SIS (disc SIS) which i installed in my laptop.Now i am asking for help on how to download a documents from SIS when i want to share with someone. Is it possible to download any documents except hydraulic and electrical schematics ? Gerald from Zimbabwe
Can you print documents on paper from your version of SIS.?
Yes i can print .And i also Microsoft print to Pdf but pdf reader cant show images or pictures
I have a Mac and use SIS. I just take a screen shot of the parts diagram and print it. That way I can blow the picture up and fill the page. Sometimes the pic gets a little fuzzy though.
OK, so set a document up to print just like you would do to send it to your printer, then when you click "print" it should open up a list of all your printer options. if you are using a Windows PC there ought to be an option entitled "Microsoft Print to pdf" (see below) on the list. Click to select then then hit print at the bottom, usually it will ask you for a location on your PC where to print it and to give it a name. I find the desktop is the easiest. See how that works for you. It should generate a pdf copy of an identical document that your printer would have spit out on paper.
Ok .so how do you take screen shot using a computer. My PC cant take screen shot whilst i am on SIS .but when i am out of SIS i can take screen shot using my PC
I did that but its not opening pictures
I did that but pdf cant open images
Can you tell us what machine you are running this SIS program on and what version of Windows or whatever is your operating system? I know when I view SIS online and have say a file that shows how to adjust valves on a 3306 and do the "Print to PDF" it works just fine. Maybe just for fun can you open a small file in SIS that is a PDF and just save it and post it as an attachment to a reply here? Someone might see something that could give us an answer.
Ken, remember he's running SIS with data uploaded to his PC from a DVD, not from SIS-Web. That could have something to do with it. I'm sorry in that case. All I can say is that it works for me, illustrations & all. Maybe it's because I'm using the online version of SIS..? I don't know. Maybe something to do with the "Format for Print" command..? See below. You'll find it right at the bottom of the screen. I know that if you try to print without clicking that link all sorts of weird things happen.
I can open and save all electrical and hydraulic schematics that are in Pdf form
Maybe
Forgot about that "Format for Print" that is at the bottom of some if not all pages, at least on the Online version. I'm not familiar with the DVD version so just going by the way other programs work from DVD. Sometimes it is the simplest little thing that you need to do to get a computer to act the way you want! that's why I asked if he could try saving a file and post it here so we might see something first hand! Anyone have an outdated copy of SIS on DVD they could send me to play with?
Its saying insufficient data for an image when i open the saved pdf
Let me save and send
I saved this one
When you first open a SIS screen (like the one below) on your DVD version can you see the Format for Print command at the bottom of the page..?
oh let me check
print format is there at the bottom
if i click view image and print image its poping out a message 'insufficient data for image' then if i press ok i can view the image only
When you first select a document (and long before printing it), can you see the images on the screen.? In other words does it look something like what you see below..?
When you click the Format for Print link the screen should change and look like this........... The column on the left disappears. The illustrations appear below the radio button that takes you back to the previous screen. The parts list appears below the illustrations. (Sorry not enough space to show that.)
i tried this as well but no luck
yes it looks alike i will take pictures
I see what you mean that file did not show any images, hopefully some of Nige's ideas will work. I did find that same file on the online SIS and was able to save it as a PDF and then save it and view it. I know you are trying to figure out how to do this from your DVD, probably just some little trick that needs to be done, but if there is anything that would help you right now I could save it and email it to you.
My problem is that it's so long since I worked with SIS on DVD I can't remember all the details of how we did stuff back then when it comes to printing However to me the clue is that if a document prints fine (with all the illustrations) for the OP on paper from the SIS DVD then it ought to print the same way to a pdf. It's just a matter of getting the print settings right so that all the necessary image information goes to the saved file.
I use a handy program called FastStone Capture. You can capture any part or all of a webpage. It is saved wherever you choose as an image. You can view it or print it quite easily. Here is a link to it ---> https://www.faststone.org/ Here also is an example of what it can do.
If you want a shot of a single screen that would work. It might present a few difficulties if you were wanting to reproduce a 100-page procedure though.