Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L350

MetalDragon_boy · 2006-12-02 13:58

Hi! I have seen pics on another machine forum of a L350 wheelloader. Anyone know if this is a model that will be avaible from Volvo? The pics: http://www.baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100412 http://www.baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100413

Replies23
  1. #1Wulf2006-12-02 14:05

    So this replaces the L330? I always thought he Volvo's look old fashioned compared with Cat and Komatsu's new offerings but this one looks pretty sharp. Do you have any specs?

  2. #2MetalDragon_boy2006-12-02 14:07

    No sorry, I have only found these pics. Someone mentioned Komatsu WA600 in the thread I found the pics in. but my German isnt very good and babelfish dont work for me atm so Im not sure what the WA600 has to do with the L350. Maybe they are the same size?

  3. #3Wulf2006-12-02 14:23

    L330E and WA600-6 These are the current offerings (over here anyway) ...

  4. #4MetalDragon_boy2006-12-02 14:24

    I have looked around abit and the WA600 and L330 is about the same size.

  5. #5Tigerotor77W2006-12-02 19:33

    It should be the WA700 and the L330E that are in the same class (along with the Cat 988H). But this does look sharp! Thanks!

  6. #6MetalDragon_boy2006-12-03 07:20

    I belive this is to keep the old looks of the Volvo BM loaders. They where among the first to produce wheel loaders in Sweden. So I guess thats why they try to keep the older looks.

  7. #7farm_boy2006-12-12 22:48

    The WA600-6 is atcually the same size class as the 988H and the new L350F. The WA700-3 is a 672HP machine and much larger than the 988H. The L350F is the answer to the L330E's poor power train reliability. It has a new cab, new power train and new loader linkage. The transmission and axles are actually made by Komatsu!!:yup

  8. #8Tigerotor77W2006-12-13 12:09

    farmboy: yeah, I realized that a little too late. I don't know what I was thinking about when I said the 700 and 330 and 988 are in the same size class... Do you have more information?

  9. #9farm_boy2006-12-13 18:25

    Tigerotor77W: Got a little more info on it, no specs though. From different people I have talked to the L330E gave Volvo a pretty good black eye in this size class loader. I guess it was a good performing machine, but it just wouldn't live. The major focus on the L350F was to correct this, hence the model number change.

  10. #10Tigerotor77W2006-12-20 11:18

    (I missed this thread, too...) Interesting. I'm curious how the three big loaders (Komatsu 600, Cat 988, Volvo L350) will stack up against each other.

  11. #11Wulf2006-12-20 21:06

    The 350F will be introduced with their Tier 3 compliant fuel efficient engine. Many owners are really looking at fuel efficiency and they could score some points there. Surprised me that their website claims that Volvo are the biggest diesel engine manufacturer in the world in the 9 to 18 liter category...

  12. #12Wulf2006-12-20 21:13

    I know they collaborate on power trains and the axle final drives certainly look like Komatsu farmboy but Volvo claims their tranny is Volvo... http://www.volvo.com/constructionequipment/global/en-gb/newsmedia/pressreleases/L350F.htm Where did you hear that its actually Komatsu?

  13. #13farm_boy2006-12-21 12:31

    From this news article, Esmerk Swedish News, 11/17/2006 - Volvo Construction Equipment and Komatsu are now working to develop a large number of components common to both company’s wheel loader products. Volvo currently manufactures cabs for Komatsu wheel loaders, but manufacturing collaboration has increased to transmission and axles. Klas Magnuson of Volvo CE reports the companies intend to further collaborate on products in the future. Esmerk reports the market is speculating Volvo and Komatsu could be planning a merger. From what I understand the L330E used Dana-Spicer axles and this was one of the contributors of poor up-time this machine was known for. Once you get up in this size class machine there are only a few companies that make axles this big. This is why I suspect that Volvo and Komatsu are collabroating on powertrain components.

  14. #14MetalDragon_boy2007-01-20 06:21

    Here is a pressrealese about the 350F. It has some technical data. http://www.swecon.com/WWW/sweconab.nsf/497859b5642138c5c1256a5e0041e577/09c94beb1817d72fc12572410052371b/$FILE/Countdown%20to%20L350F.pdf

  15. #15farm_boy2007-01-20 09:41

    I tell you what.....this machine has a long road ahead if Coalburner's experience is any indication of how the 330E's hold up!!

  16. #16Tigerotor77W2007-01-20 16:17

    AWESOME! Thanks so much.

  17. #17komatsukid2007-02-28 23:28

    any new news on when the L350F will be on Volvos website? all there is are a few pics and captions so far.

  18. #18MetalDragon_boy2007-03-01 13:32

    I would guess it will be there when they start production. or afew months before. There isnt anything at Swecons website either. Swecon is the official seller of VCE in Sweden.

  19. #19DirectTech2007-03-03 18:48

    I got this pic from the volvo dealer network

  20. #20MetalDragon_boy2007-03-12 16:25

    I have also found afew more pics: http://www.baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=122012 http://www.baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=122013 http://www.baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=122014

  21. #21farm_boy2007-03-12 20:43

    Why is it that the first thing someone does with a new loader is jump in, put a big load in the bucket, raise the boom to full reach and then drive at a high rate of speed and slam on the brakes. The resulting comment is always the same..... this machine is too light in the rear!! I get so frustrated with these idiots. What do you expect when you do this. It doesn't matter what size of machine or who's name is on the side....the back end will come up.:Banghead ointhead :crazy :duh

  22. #22komatsukid2007-03-12 21:36

    man i see that all the time, Farm Boy you hit the nail on the head.

  23. #23Leroyb2016-02-17 03:35

    Ha ha . The should try that going in reverse.