Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to remove hydraulic coupler???

trider ยท 2024-01-29 13:53

How do I remove the bottom hydraulic coupler? I do not have a deep socket that big and can not get my large crescent wreck down in there. I had no issues with the top one and middle one. It's a Cat 299D2. Thanks for the help!

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2024-01-29 13:58

    I suppose that you could remove the manifold yellow cover? Looks to be 4 bolts. I use a 1-5/8" box wrench once that cover is off.

  2. #2trider2024-01-29 14:28

    Yes I have the cover off but cant get my large crescent in between the rails on the loader arms. Sounds like I will need to by a 1-5/8" box wrench as I do not have any that large.

  3. #3KSSS2024-01-29 14:34

    Sounds like a trip to Harbor Freight.

  4. #4IceHole2024-01-29 14:49

    Make a socket?