Wanted to remove paint from some rubber hoses (air intake) on my machine. When I looked at paint removers they all said do not use on rubber floors. Any tips on this? Thanks!
A brass bristled wire brush in a drill would be an option, they're a lot less aggressive then the ones on a grinder and you have a bunch more control over them.
I'd try lacquer thinner. It's softens paint quickly and evaporates rapidly so I don't think it will harm the rubber.
I'll try laquer first Thanks all!:notworthy
Do what i do , mask up the ends of the hose , hold a bit of cardboard behind it to stop overspray getting on anything else and hit the hose with flat black paint from a rattle tin . They come up like new and it does'nt hurt the hose .
I have all this orange paint (Lull color) that looks like a jigsaw puzzle so I wanted to get it off. I have this flat black rubber bumper paint that works great so I figured I get the old paint off.
Brake fluid will remove paint from anything, won't hurt rubber. Gary
I knew those two things but didn't put the combination together. I do have some old brake fluid, about a gallon I never got rid of. :Banghead Thank you!:drinkup
im not saying your wrong but why does brake fluid destroy brake boosters on cars then?
Is it too late to mention, use at your own risk? Kinda like beer?
i carry a syringe full of dot 3 brake fluid in the cupholder on my harley. if you cut me off, you lose paint. if you tailgate, you lose paint.
hahha ive heard of throwing ball bearings but never that. good for you Q
I never heard of that. Brake fluid seems compatible with rubber brake lines.
well there are different types of rubbers and i think brake hoses have a liner in them. they are made to withstand more than 2000psi too. ive replaced many brake boosters on vehicles because of brake fluid destroying the diaphram. a new boosters warranty is voided if installed behind a leaking brake master. think of it this way. gas cans are plastic and hold gas fine. now pour some gas into a plastic drinking cup and see how it does. im not saying it will eat his air intake but i wouldnt want to be the one to test it.
Better off to accept that the paint is there to stay, or you could just replace the hoses if it bothers you that bad. Should have masked them off before applying paint.
factory did the paint job and it is half off and all cracked. When I repaint the machine when warmer and off job I want to get it off. I can test brake fluid. Now I rememeber I just got rid of the gallon of fluid after driving around with it for many months and even switching it between trucks to find a place to take it.:Banghead
Not all rubber is created equal. Brake fluid requires rubber that is designed for brake fluid. Try putting brake fluid in a loader/hoe brake system that states "hyd oil only" on the reservoir cap. No, don't try it! I give it a test on a small piece of the hose and see what happens. I'd also consider using laquer thinner to remove the paint. It evaporates really quickly.
When you wrote booster, I was thinking master.