Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What does this truck haul?

JTL ยท 2009-04-05 04:58

I took these pics a couple weeks ago, and* Im trying to figure out what they would haul with it. There is alot of wind-farm construction in the area so Im thinking it might have something to do that.

Replies15
  1. #1cummins052009-04-05 05:32

    Not a freaking clue but it looks like a wild rig to drive.

  2. #2RocksnRoses2009-04-05 07:16

    Trailers similar to those were used here to carry the tubular sections for the wind towers and or the blades for the turbines, I am not quite sure which, but I am fairly sure that is what they would be used for. Rn'R.

  3. #3bill53622009-04-05 08:37

    The hitch that is hooked to the truck doesn't look heavy enough compared to the size of beams of the trailer. The size of the static weights on the truck would lead me to believe they pull some pretty heavy.

  4. #4curbside2009-04-05 11:32

    Not sure if those trailers would be used for hauling windmill parts. Here is a link to Blitz trucking who specializes in hauling windmills. Pretty neat equipment. Those trailers slide from I think 53 feet to 153 feet. Check it out they have a lot of photos www.blitztransport.com

  5. #5cps2009-04-05 12:05

    It looks like a wind tower transporter

  6. #6LonestarCobra2009-04-05 14:14

    They put in one of those windfarms about 8 miles from where I live. They hauled the blades on a pole trailer, the tower sections were hauled in on long step decks with a saddle added to them. The generator part was on a regular low boy with a jeep and dolly. I saw a trailer like the one in the first post and the load was suspended under the beam. Couldnt see what it was because it was tarped and had no signs or logos.

  7. #7mudmaker2009-04-05 21:47

    That is my same experience. I have seen a trailer like this going down the road, but you have no clue what they are hauling as it is tarped. I always figured it had something to do with oil/gas business due to the areas I have seen them in.

  8. #8JTL2009-04-05 22:21

    This has been bugging the heck out of me, so I did a google search of the comany. Heres the link http://www.morgan-industrial.com . The company is Omega Morgan out of Portland, OR and Seattle, WA. There are some good pics of them moving a little bit of everything. Jason

  9. #9hvy 1ton2009-04-06 00:45

    It looks like they specialize in moving and replacing plant machinery. They have a normal heavy haul division, machinery moving, and Omega Morgan Rigging. If it was headed back from a port, i would imagine they hauled from a factory somewhere nearby to they port. It looks like they aren't so much trailers as beams they can put together however they need them, much like what house/building movers do. They upright pieces are cradles to hold whatever they were hauling, so whatever it was it was about that size. That T800 is a tridrive so it can defiantly put some power to the ground. Did anybody see the big Oshkosh they have on their site? It kinda looks like a M911 without the lift axle.

  10. #10tonka2009-04-06 08:55

    Um that trailer hauls transformers, if you look on there website thersw pics of it in action! http://www.morgan-industrial.com/#/morgan_heavy_haul/project_gallery/

  11. #11Dualie2009-04-08 03:03

    Out side beam trailer used for transporting transformers and boilers

  12. #12RocksnRoses2009-04-08 08:02

    Hmmmmm! I was way off on this one! Rn'R.

  13. #13rustylhurtt2009-04-24 02:16

    wind blades

  14. #14D5G2009-04-29 10:09

    That looks like a newer version of a prime mover to me. I say that because of the ballast they have on the truck, but I could be wrong?:beatsme

  15. #15crane operator2009-04-29 21:30

    Not for wind blades. Wind blades are actually pretty light for their size, they are just really long. If the blades were really heavy the wind would have to work harder to turn them, so they make them as light as they can. The guys who mentioned heavy hauling have got this one right. The ballast on the truck is there because with the dolly under the trailer, no weight gets transferred to the truck. No weight on the truck means all that power and those tires just go up in smoke- not to the ground pulling. I''m sure they can change the trailer to fit the load just like hvy 1 ton mentioned