I bought an excavator with the intention of shipping overseas. However, I shipping price is just too expensive from Minnesota to the closest port. Wanted to see if there are opportunities here to rent the machine. The machine is Cat 350L - year 97 and would like to rent it just so that the machine won't sit idle. Where do I find small excavating businesses that are looking to rent instead of the full price of rent1usa.com or www.zieglerrental.com? Thanks.
anyone??
Some questions for you to consider... How will you transport this machine ? Do you have a hauler lined up? A quick look says this will need permits and heavy haul to move. A small outfit will not have the haul capability. A bare machine rental ? How will you handle break downs ? You might be better served by finding a single contractor that will use the machine instead of renting to anybody that wants it.
A 350L is a pretty good size machine, that coupled with age doesn't make it very rentable. Mobilization will cost a fortune and most contractors looking to rent will want something a lot newer. I can call my local dealer and get a 2017/18 Cat 349 on the job if I need it. You would have to be 1/2 the rental rate or less of the rental house to get interest. Then you will get the bottom of the barrel types who probably don't plan on paying you from day one. If you're not going to use it I would consider selling it.