I have a Cat 3412 engine but the plate is missing. Does anyone know how to find out if the engine is EPA or not?
Serial Number would help .............
Even if it's lost the plate the S/No should be stamped on the rear LH corner of the block right next to the flywheel housing. Sorry, forgot to ask. Is it mechanical fuel injection or electronic..?
The Serial Number is 73W12072 and it is mechanical fuel injection. The truck is 1993 and I was told by someone that a truck of that age does not need to have EPA to be imported into the USA. Do you know if this is true?
Sorry can't help you on that one. The engine definitely carries no form of EPA Certification though, of that I am 100% sure.
Ok Nige. Thanks for the info. Simon
No EPA regs until the model year is 1996 and above. As for import into the US you would have to speak to someone at Customs. It might make a difference depending on where the unit is coming from.