Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How would you cut this drive?

Fordman ยท 2016-02-11 18:40

I have a 580B backhoe and a 350B dozer at my dads place. I took some pictures on the way I want my driveway to go. You can see I rough painted it in, but its pretty steep in the overgrown part. Should I eyeball this with the backhoe or try to use the dozer on it. Any advice on how to go about it? thanks

Replies7
  1. #1RonG2016-02-12 03:29

    You have a lot of wood to move and a lot of dozer work ahead of you the way it looks.Think about drainage as everything is on high ground around you so push it all off and the driveway will be easy.You might try to get a bigger dozer for starters.Have fun.Ron G

  2. #2390eric2016-02-12 08:23

    Where is the dirt going to that you are removing to make it more accessible? Is it an easy, close push? Or does it need hauled off? If it needs hauled off do you have a dump truck, I would just rough bulk it out with the backhoe loading into the truck and then finish with the dozer. I think either way I would bulk it out with the backhoe because that dozer is pretty light. You can loosen it up with the backhoe and throw the spoils to the side and push it off with the dozer

  3. #3Browning.2702016-02-12 18:35

    One thing to consider is, they way you have it layed out its realy only accessible from one direction. I would make sure the entrance is good and wide so you could come in from the other direction, especially with a trailer. Maybe the road dead ends past that drive and in that case disregard what i said lol

  4. #4kevin37b2016-02-22 14:44

    10 DAYS OLD AND NOT A REPLY .Love you guys .

  5. #5mitch5042016-02-22 19:51

    What?

  6. #6dozerman4002016-03-10 14:34

    I agree with 390eric.

  7. #7JNB2016-03-10 15:13

    I'd rough it in with the dozer and dress is up with the skid steer in your photo. Cut it double the finish width with a slope/drainage swale on the high side and done.