Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D3px21 rear drive oil leak on dozer

Cortexans ยท 2016-02-11 22:32

Recently purchased Komatsu d39px21 dozer 2003. 6700 hrs. I changed all fluids filters etc when I got it. Noticed right drive motor was very low on oil took 3/4 gal to fill and only holds .9 gal. After 40 hrs of work I check level again down about .6 gal. I cannot find leak. It this considered big leak? Where could oil be going? Is there a way to check seals without pulling entire motor drive? If not what might be leaking and how big is the job? Can mechanic do repair on location? How much to repair ? Thoughts on just checking it daily and refilling as needed?

Replies1
  1. #1DK882016-02-13 12:17

    i bet your hyd oil level is going up. motor shaft seals fail and sucks the f/d oil in to hyd system. best thing would be to have the dealer re and re the drive with the updated one.