Hello, I missed the introduction section before posting... sorry about that! I live in New Hampshire and my title is "heavy equipment operator" although we don't get to play with equipment that often. We take care of the water and sewer infrastructure for our city. I'm very new at running equipment, although I've done a little bit here and there for the past 5 years. I started when I got my CDL- I ran a boom truck for a sheetrock supplier. I saw some pretty nasty conditions doing that job! I turned into a decent forklift operator as well- we had an uneven dirt floor in the warehouse- pretty scary with a couple thousand pounds of sheetrock! I've also worked as a ski lift mechanic and have run loaders and gradealls at the two resorts I've worked at. The real fun as come with this job as I'm learning the ropes with the backhoe and excavator. We have a JD 710G that we use for most projects, and a 120C that we use when we need to dig deep. I've filled in at the landfill a few times and run their compactor, which is by far the biggest and heaviest machine I'll probably ever run. Very impressive! My wife and I are also into motorcycles- We have a BMW R1200GS and an F650GS. We just bought some land in New Hampshire and plan on building a house. I'm looking for a used piece of equipment to do the site work myself. My plan is to use whatever I end up with for as long as I need it and then sell it/trade it on a compact utility tractor for daily upkeep. Thanks for the wealth of information on this site! Adam
Welcome to the forum adame. :usa