Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydrallic oil in a bobcat

rustylhurtt ยท 2011-01-19 21:03

What oil goes in the hydrallic system in a bobcat ? Do you know of any subs? It is a t250. thanks

Replies10
  1. #1frogfarmer2011-01-19 21:15

    Use the Factory Gold as the drive motors are very expensive and an oil related failure will cost many times more than the savings on the cheaper oil.

  2. #2ctheddy2011-01-20 14:26

    Have owned and operated bob s300 for 4 years. Bobcat suggest using bobcat fluid, but in my small town closest dealer is 100 miles. Bobcat mechanic didn't bat an eye when I asked about using rotella 15-40. I use this in my entire fleet and its always available. Never had any problems with cylinder or pump seals after 4000 hours of this method. However rotella is good oil, I would be carefull of cheaper oils. If bobcat fluid is readily available its your best choice

  3. #3jimsbcs2011-01-21 03:47

    I've been told by bobcat dealers and mechanics that regular 10w30 motor oil will work if you can't access bobcat hyd. oil

  4. #4Cal Blacksmith2011-01-21 12:01

    I use DELO 400 oil in my engine, my Bobcat dealer said it was great oil and I could use it anyplace on the Bobcat that requires oil, so I do, I have been using it in my 763s hyd system for 6 years and there have been no issues. YMMV!

  5. #5CRAFT2011-01-23 00:23

    MY A-300 also calls for using only Bobcat oil ! .......screw them ! .... if you look at the addy's on the way over priced jug of oil from them it is the same as : Universal Tractor hyd oil from Mowhawk, or Duratran or any of the dual purpose oils that are a blended combo hyd and tranny oil ... its slightly more per pail but well worth it ! Had a JD 8875 and they said straight sae-30w would suffice ..... after the machine reached 1800hrs the thing became a hyd leaking eating loosing PIG .... one of the hyd drive motors wound up with a crack in it and was told due to excess heat build up with the run of the mill sae-10w hyd or the standard motor oils .... you don't run that kind of oil in an auto tranny either, it'll work in a pinch, but the blended oil are ment for extra tight tolerance things like the motors and pumps. To each his own but, you can use any of the oil company's oils ..... even Wallmart handles this type of blended oils for ~30 bucks a pails or so .....JMHO

  6. #6spudgunner2011-01-24 21:38

    Since Day One I've used Bobcat Hyd Fluid in my Toolcat. I've never been real impressed with it's cold-weather (less than 15F) characteristics. I use Chevron Synthetic THF in my little Kubota BX-23 and it seems to have better cold weather characteristics. Since my equipment is now out of warranty, I will probably change when I do my yearly hyd fluid transfusion.

  7. #7Lil' Puss2011-01-25 03:27

    Are you saying that you can use 15w-40 motor oil in your hydraulic system?

  8. #8Lil' Puss2011-01-25 03:30

    I would think that a pail of AW 32 or 46 would cost less than a pail of multi grade motor oil.

  9. #9562C2011-01-25 18:23

    The older bobcats spec 10W30 for the hydralics, not sure about the newer stuff

  10. #10regel2011-01-28 10:28

    I bought a used Bobcat 773 last year (first one). I need to change the hydraulic fluid because it has become milky for some reason and I'm not sure if I should use the blended, 10-30, or 15w-40 motor oil in the hydraulic system. I'm also getting a 2 - 16 Error code saying the the hydraulic oil filter switch may be bad or loose. Would using any of these oils be okay?