Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydrallics

petepilot · 2018-10-25 20:15

any body recognize these things

Replies9
  1. #1crane operator2018-10-25 21:26

    Looks like a hydraulic cylinder to me, but I've been cold and rained on today, so I might be off my game a little.

  2. #2Wytruckwrench2018-10-25 21:30

    A looooooonnnnnnnggggg hydraulic cylinder. Grins!

  3. #3crane operator2018-10-25 21:31

    If its a Grove its a $20,000 part, if its a liebherr its $80,000 if its a boom truck I don't care, and if its a P&H I pity the guy that needs it, especially if he has to call terex to get a seal kit for it.

  4. #4petepilot2018-10-25 23:35

    not sure what brand crane its out of but theres 3 more of those or very similar in it, heres another serious cylinder to. its for for a baling machine

  5. #5Wytruckwrench2018-10-26 12:37

    That cylinder looks to be out of a cardboard baler. I can’t remember the make right off. Maybe JV manufacturing? I used to work on them at the Walmart’s.

  6. #6petepilot2018-10-26 12:46

    you`re right cardboard&paper baler

  7. #7mikebramel2018-10-26 14:04

    If the trunnions are round and the tube isn't cracked that is worth something as a core

  8. #8petepilot2018-10-26 22:33

    thats a new one built right there

  9. #9Wytruckwrench2018-10-27 00:08

    I used to rebuild/repair a lot of those baler cylinders. Every Walmart had one and I had the service contract from JV manufacturing.