I have a Hough H30 loader and the oil keeps coming out of the vent on the tank. I would like to know if anybody can tell me why this is happening. I can here it in the tank bubbling and I did not over fill it. I have also ran it between the low and high mark on the dip stick and it sill does it. Any help would be appreciated. I would also like to know if there is another engine that would be interchange with the International 6 cyl. 240 gas that is in it now. Thank you, Les
The bubbling in the tank makes me wonder if it is sucking air some place making the oil foam up. As for the engine, not familiar with how it drives the machine would depend on how the engine couples to things. Might be worth a shot posting on this site: http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/
Second the suction air leak causing foaming. International apparently kept their mountings more standard than some other makers, and there are diesels of that era that would bolt up on the back end. BUT those old diesels wouldn't be an improvement over that gas engine, and the front end might get tricky as well, not to mention the air and exhaust. The 3-53 was an option against the 221 International gas, but that could have been a whole different setup front and back?
Thanks you guys for the information. I will try the other forum also. Les
Try applying a small amount of air pressure to the tank and look for leaks.
Oil is lighter than water. On a barrel, if there is rain and water can get in, it will fill the bottom and push the oil out on the top (yes, that's a mess). Could that happen on your loader? jf