I am looking to learn about identifying which fittings I am working with, and hopefully save time in the future and trips to the parts store! If you have a picture and maybe a way you remember hydraulic fittings please post! Also which makes tend to use which fitting, such as Doosan uses British pipe and flat faced o ring. From my experience so far here is a list of common hydraulic fittings: JIC, Oring Faced Seal, Flange faced o ring, Boss o ring, National Pipe Thread, British pipe thread.
It would be awesome if I could learn to identify without having to disconnect a house to look. I have noticed sometimes ORFS is stamped on the ferrule... but that's only one type.
Looking at a fitting and being able to identify it is a valuable skill to have. Kudos to you for wanting to learn. I’ll mention a couple tricks. First, Parker offers a free 1/2 day fitting identification course that is awesome. Parker offers a thread and angle ID “kit” that goes with the course. It’s a great reference. Caterpillar offers something similar.
https://sircoindustrialerie.com/pdf.... Measuring Thread Pitch Measuring Seat Angle
Fairly simple and concise guide that I keep on my tablet and computer. https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/mm5/thread_guide.pdf I find this place keeps most everything in stock, has very reasonable pricing and gets the orders out quickly. My last order of 6ksi hose was 50% less than one of my local suppliers AND included hose armor.
Thanks everyone, that's some great info!