Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB53FR – new to me

a5t1 ยท 2018-04-11 21:57

Just purchased my first excavator - a 2003 Takeuchi TB53FR. Runs great, solid machine but needs work cosmetically. Anyone have an operators manual? I have a parts and workshop manual but could use the operator one.

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2018-04-11 22:38

    Service manual https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjACegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw13e0GUXV_i-WKol2OgXrKI Parts manual https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.dracoequipment.com/Takeuchi%20Manuals/Takeuchi%20Excavator%20Parts%20Manuals/PARTS%20MANUAL%20TB53FR%20BJ1Z006.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiSw6-f2bPaAhXSoFMKHd-_ACEQFjAEegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1V2AEShrgpspCGADpkdnuA Operators manual https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1070105/Takeuchi-Tb53fr.html

  2. #2a5t12018-04-12 08:19

    I had the first two, thanks. I though that manualslib.com was a spam site so I didn't use it. SO excited to have an excavator! Moved about 30 yards of snow that had off loaded from the barn last night. A job that would have been impossible before.

  3. #3heymccall2018-04-12 11:31

    I downloaded the manual from manualslib with no issue. That's why I linked it.

  4. #4a5t12018-04-12 11:48

    I did too, after you linked it. Looks great, answered a few questions I had about my machine. Thank you again!

  5. #5thepumpguysc2018-04-12 13:48

    LOL.. you guys talkin about SNOW..LOL I just got done mowing the lawn in shorts, no shirt & sunglasses.. Getting ready to clean the gutters & pressure wash the house.. & then probably go to the garden & pick a bucket full of radish's.. Y'all stay warm now ya' hear.. LOL

  6. #6heymccall2018-04-12 14:40

    If your TB53FR runs hot, my final solution was a smaller water pump pulley. And, to change fan belt, it goes in from cab side top, but, the crank pulley is to close to frame, so, engine needs lifted 3/8" or so. You don't have to pull fan guard or anything.

  7. #7a5t12018-04-13 08:30

    thepumpguysc - Weather is great, thanks for the comments. Stay safe from hurricanes, snakes, heat/humidity, population density, etc. lol.