Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic fluid drain and filter change

PAwrestling#1 ยท 2013-07-30 06:40

What is the correct way to drain the hyd. fluid and what am I looking at as far as typ of fluid to replace.. Other than case? Its a 580C. I take it I should get it warmed up but where are the drain plug/plugs? How much fluid do I need? My fluid in sight glass looks like milk. always has. Dont know if I ever really drained everything out before. I will be buying replacement fluid at either NAPA or tractor supply so what should I ask for other than hyd fluid for backhoe? Is that it? thanks

Replies8
  1. #1robin yates uk2013-07-30 07:25

    the drain plug is underneath the hydraulic tank, loosen the top filler first. As long as the fluid is compatible to Case hydraulic fluid, it is ok to use,you must also replace all the hydraulic filters

  2. #2nova4812013-07-30 09:02

    Here's the fluid types and capacities chart

  3. #3PAwrestling#12013-07-30 09:48

    How many hyd filters are there. I thought I only had one listed, close battery box underneath?

  4. #4nova4812013-07-30 10:06

    I'm pretty sure there is only one filter. I can post the hydraulic flushing procedure if you want. Ron

  5. #5PAwrestling#12013-07-30 10:14

    THAT WOULD BE GREAT.. And if there is any other drain plugs other than the one previously stated.. thanks a bunch

  6. #6nova4812013-07-30 10:25

    Here it is hope you can read it Ron

  7. #7PAwrestling#12013-07-30 10:46

    thanks ron

  8. #8nova4812013-07-30 11:13

    Your welcome