Any suggestions on Hydraulic Hose Spiral Wrap. I've been buying some generic from the shop that makes my hydraulic hose up and he is expensive. 1) What brand? are some brands better than others? 2) Should I get plastic or something else? 3) Where is a good place to buy online? Ebay? 4) What about using rubber radiator hoses? Any suggestions are help would be appreciated, as I'm tired of buying hydraulic hoses. Thanks!
https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/hose-protection.html - good place to buy online i use nylon sleeve on probably 80% of hoses i make and steel spring guard on any hose that is likely to get crushed to give it a fighting chance. im not a fan of plastic spiral wrap. radiator hose works for abrasion/rub areas, the local cat dealer caries/uses these https://www.mscdirect.com/product/d...-u12qWa_YKvZE-UgBpEaAg99EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds for abrasion/rub areas.
[B]pumkinhead[/B] , Thanks for the suggestions. How do you use this product you recommended? Does it just wrap around the area that is rubbing your hose?
Wrap around the hose and put some zip ties around it in the slots to secure it to the hose, essentially the same as wrapping some heater hose around a hose but slightly more professional looking and substantially more expensive
I wrap alot of hoses is old / out of service fire hose. Holds up good in the forest.
This is what I do also. Several of the VFD's in the area donate hose to me with bad sections, or cuts and it works very well if the needed bend radius can be maintained. That plastic spiral wrap isn't the best in my experience.
Firehose. Slide the hose through if you have it off, if on the machine, cut the firehose down the length and zip tie it. Tape the ends to help keep dirt, sawdust, etc from getting in between the hose and firehose