1996 jd 310d. Leaks from trans housing on bottom close to engine. No oil so not seal block. I’m trying to remove trans but one bolt hard. When I turned on to see where our came from back to front! Also I can still move it so I’m guessing my torque converter still good? Seals is what I’m thinking on hydraulic pump inside when I drop it. Any vids would be great or part numbers. Thanks people
Sorry won’t let me upload vid says it’s to large
The best way to load a video is to set up with a hosting service like YouTube or Vimeo. You can load the video there and it will give you a link that you can copy into any other web site. Clicking on the link will open up the video. There should be someone here that can help you with the machine sometime soon. Good Luck!
The color of the oil in the photo looks brown and not black so I suspect a torque converter seal (which is in the reverser charge pump) is leaking. Is the reverser oil level low?
My trans uses hydraulic oil. I’ll check if reverse oil low. ? Is if my converter was broken or bad it wouldn’t move right? Mine still drives just have to add oil. I removed the rubber seal you see on bottom and when I crank it comes from back part? Either way I’m guessing a seal from shaft or now a converter seal. Right now I’m removing housing last bolt and is converter hard to take out once I do that. If you guys want to call me I’ll gladly text my number thanks
Here is a link to video I recorder on YouTube.
If your machine is moving just fine then it is probably just a leaking seal. I usually pull the reverser off the bell housing and leave the bell housing and torque converter in the machine. I find it easier to do it that way. The converter then can be replaced fairly easily from there if necessary by blocking the engine up for support to remove the bell housing/converter. Just pay attention to the tangs on the converter and their mating tangs in the reverser pump to make sure they don't interfere with each other on assemble.