Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Roosa Master

RTLO ยท 2019-07-19 14:23

Hi, I have a Roosa master pump that was brought to me tore down. Part number A-152378 model number DBGFCC 431-63AJ. This thing a 7-0 leaf spring and I can't seem to come up with roller to roller dimensions to save my life. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies13
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-07-19 15:23

    I have a suggestion>> leave it to the experts.. send it to me..Lol.. U DID SAY "ANY" suggestions..1.958"

  2. #2RTLO2019-07-19 15:47

    That's true I never claimed to be a pump expert, I just need to get thing together soon.

  3. #3RTLO2019-07-19 15:49

    I appreciate that, for some reason I had 1.952 in my head. Thanks for correcting my horrible memory lol

  4. #4thepumpguysc2019-07-19 15:52

    I take it you've done 1 before.?? or u know how.. or did u just get lucky on 1 & it worked, now your the go-to guy.?? Did the customer take it off.?? normally THATS what happens when they read "the manual".. NOBODY realizes until its to late that the manual is for a tech. that has a test stand.. or common sense.

  5. #5RTLO2019-07-19 16:05

    Ya the customer brought the pump in pieces , a seal kit and some manual that didn't even pertain to this pump. I have done a couple but I guess I got lucky on them. To be honest I have never used a test stand and built several B model cat pump's and haven't had one run away yet...... I guess luck count for something. I guess you do slot of these stanadyne pumps?

  6. #6RTLO2019-07-19 16:06

    Thanks again for the specs

  7. #7thepumpguysc2019-07-19 16:14

    "A LOT" would be an understatement.. Been doing inj. pump work "for a living" for over 30 years.. at a fuel shop.. I'll bet money I've done AT LEAST 20,000.00 in my career.. Along w/ every other inj. pump manuf. I pretty much can do it all..

  8. #8thepumpguysc2019-07-19 16:16

    IF u run into any troubles give me a shout.. I'll try to walk u thru it.. Watch out for the vent plugs in the head.. customers like to take the vent wires out & loose them..

  9. #9RTLO2019-07-19 16:24

    Off topic but how many cp3 pumps have you seen lately, down here they seem to be dropping like flys.

  10. #10RTLO2019-07-19 16:26

    Thanks man that would be great. Lol aww customers.

  11. #11thepumpguysc2019-07-19 16:29

    My shop was an authorized Bosch & Volvo dealer.. U wanna talk about easy money.. those CP3 pumps were fly'n off the shelves.!!! I was fixing them before they were serviceable.. ALWAYS blow'n out the front seals.. I wonder if Bosch ever fixed THAT problem.??

  12. #12RTLO2019-07-19 16:36

    The last one I changed blew all to plugs out the side , no idea why. Just replaced it with a reman. Most of the ones we see in dodges the lift pump goes out and they keep running them I guess it burns something up in there. Never had one open.

  13. #13thepumpguysc2019-07-19 16:42

    The pump has a supply pump inside of it.. but its not made to pull the fuel THAT FAR.. Its only to build pressure INSIDE of the pump itself.. & once it gets tired, it seizes.. & no more pressure inside the pump..