cat 279D, DVGTL06038 SN. I did a pressure washing and cleaning, got back in and the hydro lamp stays lit and i cant control the front hydraulics. the tracks work fine, i can move it left/right/forward/reverse with no issues. the quick connect hydraulic - small cylinder across front for disconnects- it works fine too. I tried to cycle each switch, but dont know what i could be missing. I went thru the error codes but the only one was kinda something for low voltage on the battery. I took out the front "tilt sensor" but dont know if i can do more on that. Is there a way i can jump it for testing to see if it works? right driver. Left driver this icon.
could this tilt sensor be bad? any way to debug it? seems sealed
I just have the same thing except my tilt sensor was low voltage because wires to sensor were skinned. I reconnected with new waterproof connectors and the low voltage warning is off and no current codes. Still have the same hyd lock staying on and same issue with left joist stick working (moving machine) but right joist stick does not lift the bucket. I have read to check the Hyd lockout sensor, but have not tried this yet. What did you end up doing to fix your issue?
Post a Serial Number please. Also list any Code(s) you have regarding the joystick.
CAT 279D SN GTL01951. The machine does not have any active codes, but I just fixed code 3700-3 a little wiring issue to sensor. I did check the right joist stick and it shows movement by percentage on the display, but the hydraulic lock symbol stays on. No movement with right joist stick, but does move with left joist stick
I figured out the issue. In my case, I took my door off the machine and had a magnate on the sensor for the door on the left side of the opening/frame. This magnate fell off and nothing was contacting the sensor to allow the lockout to turn off
Does your machine not have the jumper harness for the door/windshield wiper wiring.? Installing that jumper isolates the magnetic proximity switch for the implement lockout. Look on the cab floor behind the operator seat. Later today I’ll send you an electrical schematic that will show that connector. It will appear in your message inbox.
the door was my issue also - the sensor there was off by just a fraction. Found it in a very round about way- nice to have it fixed. im glad yours is running too!