I have a new to me Yanmar Vio 35 excavator with 1100 hours on it and looking to change the hydraulic fluid. It calls for ISO VG 46 Cannot get the OEM fluid near me but I can get the Mobil DTE 25.
Any aw46. Tractor supply, Napa, etc. I’ve been running mag1 aw46, Lowe’s sells 5gal buckets for $50, about the cheapest I can find.
Pertty much any aw46 will work as stated above.........
A good quality hydraulic oil will be more or less multi viscosity. Rando HDZ, Phillips 66 Powerflow HE. There's another HVI one I forget the name. DTE 25 isn't bad. The DTE 25 Ultra is better. Mobil tends to be pricey and harder to get, least for us. If you're somewhere that has winter, may want to go to ISO 32. I wouldn't cheap out on hydraulic oil unless there's a good reason, like it leaks, machine is barely worth the pail of oil and diesel in the tank, etc
i have a factory manual that says 15w40 in the komatsu pc35 and my pc 50 ...same machines
I ended up using this, only thing is that its is Blue tinted.
If the machine is low hours , why not invest in some Chevron Rando HDZ 46 like Ice Hole commented, as it is rated for 4000 hours whereas some cheap stuff is rated for 1-2000 hours. Long life of pumps and components with proper filter changes. Half the price of dealer oil and the best they make. They do sell cheaper stuff also but there price is fair as you will need 2-3 pails probably, and can increase component life which translates to big dollars. I see people who can't afford 3 liters of differential oils for each excavator planetary, but will drop $12000 without thinking about it cause their never been changed oil in planetary just exploded. Just my opinion. Simon C
Missed your post, but at least you are going to change it. Simon C