need to replace the hydraulic pump on jcb212s . Manual shows 2 bolts but looks like this one has 3 ..2 upper one lower. i have the lower bolt and the outside upper but cant get any tool on the inside top bolt . is there a manual showing the 3 bolt style or can anyone help a rookie out here?
Is this in the "nose" of the machine? (I've got a 1550-B and that's where mine is) I've never had mine out, I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult, at least after the hydraulic fluid level was lowered! (I almost once took the side covers of the tank off not realizing it was the tank, I thought it was access hole to the pump! Fortunately that 'little voice' in the back of my head didn't stop yelling & screaming at me and I avoided a big mess!) Side question (background first) I have a hydraulically powered 15' mower behind my tractor. There is a 4x "speed increaser" hanging onto the PTO shaft and then the hydraulic pump is mounted to that. I then have three hydraulic motors, one above each set of blades. Over time, I've removed, disassembled and rebuilt all of these. It's not terribly difficult but, might get a bit messy!! The pump on my JCB has never been pulled out by me. I've owned it for probably 20 years. Now that I've done it on the tractor, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to remove it and rebuild it. Probably do that for FAR less than replacing it however, you are going to trade more time involved. Just wondering if you've given that angle a thought. I'm attaching a PDF that shows a schematic of the pump (for mine, I've got no idea what yours might look like). Larger point being, you can see it's essentially wrench turning and replacing some parts inside. This presumes the bushings are ok (I have no idea how to replace those) Most of these parts are the exact type I found in my pump on the mower. The first time I did one, probably took me 3-5 hours to just go slow, figure things out, what was what.... did all three motors. Several years later (this past summer) one of them sprung a leak so I automatically knew the seal under it, between the motor and blade, was leaking. Bought three more kits.... so I'd have some spares. Took it off and probably had it off machine, apart, rebuilt and back on the machine in 2-3 hours verses above spending 3-5 hours just learning it and getting comfortable with the process. Only special tool I needed was a crows foot to get under my motors to tighten them to the mower frame.... and since I was using a torque wrench, I bought an extender so it would reach UNDER the motor to tighten said bolt... (it's little gotchas like that that slowed me down the first time as I didn't know what tools I'd need to speed things up)