Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Radiator for 480E

Shimmy1 · 2024-12-16 21:22

Case 480E. Serial JJG0002599 Need a radiator. Will call Case in the morning, but I'm expecting them to say NLA. Options if that is the case, or if they want astronomical money for one? Thanks.

Replies9
  1. #1edgephoto2024-12-17 00:20

    Pull it and take to a radiator shop. Let them fix or recore it.

  2. #2Shimmy12024-12-17 00:21

    We don't have any radiator shops left around here, the closest one in Bismarck almost requires winning the lottery to pay the bill.

  3. #3shopguy2024-12-17 06:33

    Try Broken tractor?

  4. #4Shimmy12024-12-17 07:17

    Not yet. Figured they'd be my next call after Case

  5. #5HarleyHappy2024-12-17 07:58

    Unfortunately you will probably have to find a boneyard with one and hope it’s not too bad. I imagine this being a huge bill, which is insane. I miss our old radiator shops. I wonder if a refit with an aluminum core might be cheaper.

  6. #6HarleyHappy2024-12-17 08:00

    Actually just typed it in on google and it seems there are quite a few available on EBay used and some refits for under 500 bucks, That surprises me.

  7. #7stinky642024-12-17 08:46

    Try All States Ag Parts/Tractor parts ASAP. Just looked up 480E, New rad 341.99, quality used 327.00. Give them a gander. Couple years ago got new rads. for 580C and my "57 Ford 850, both quality built units that fit like OEM. Think even free shipping. Would highly recommend. Edit; just rechecked- not free shipping, think I got some kinda black friday free shipping deal, but still reasonably priced.

  8. #8stinky642025-01-01 12:03

    Don't know if you scored new radiator or not yet, but All States Ag Parts just sent an e-mail FREE shipping over $50 till Jan 5.

  9. #9Shimmy12025-01-01 12:22

    Been meaning to come back here and thank you guys. That's where I got one from. That free shipping would have saved $50.