Hi folks!! I recently bought the below pictured "mod hitch" gannon originally on a Case 580B (or so I was told). I rebuilt all the cylinders/hoses, and adapted it to my Ford 4500 tractor. We discovered that neither the Ford front loader valve or the gannon Sundstrand valve #5030-4-1-b were power beyond, so we installed a flow divider that gave us equal pressure front and rear. The problem now is that the back valve is NOT open centered, so the pressure has no way to return to the reservoir. Does anyone know of a solution? Thx in advance for any suggestions.....
Well, you *could* put in a fair sized accumulator with a pump unloader valve between the flow divider and the closed center valve but that ain't cheap. Might be easiest and cheapest to find a replacement control valve for the back end there that's open center with power beyond. Would give you full flow to both implements also. Years ago I ran across some valves that had an optional inlet section that would convert open center flow to work with a closed center stack, they basically dumped it off to tank until you moved a work spool, balanced the inlet pressure at a couple hundred psi higher than the outlet side. I don't know where you would find such an animal today, but if you could that would solve the problem also.
Thx for the reply Sir. That conversion valve sounds like the 2nd easiest option (if one could be found); first would be to change spools on the Sundstrand to make it work (if that's possible). Here's a couple of pics of the valve in question:
That's an old valve, but converting it may be as easy as removing a plug in the end cover and installing a power beyond fitting where the plug was, or simply a shorter plug to convert to open center. That's the common way on newer valve stacks.
Case mod Viking... if you give up on it let me know, I'll buy it off of you. I got a 580B that I'm looking for one