I'm looking at purchasing an older hydraulic ram push out trailer. My friend has retired from a waste business. He has several roll off trucks, a few live floor trailers & a couple of heavy steel trailers with rams that pushed the garbage from the front out the back barn door. These two particular trailers have 9" hydraulic cylinders compared to some I have seen with 8" rams. He claims with the bigger hydraulic cylinders they will push out washout concrete, anything I would put on them! He always hauled very heavy loads with everything he owned including the roll offs but kept all equipment in top shape.. I am interested in using them for cow manure, land clearing debris, top soil, and possibly washout from a cement plant loaded by excavator once a month. He says they will even push out a load of fill dirt with the cylinder they in them. I have had trailer dumps in past as well as a couple of belly dumps but never experienced trailers like these two. They are extremely heavy/well built & look like what ever I were to do with them would be a break from what he used them for. Both are in decent shape with extra heavy center point spring suspension under them & are around 40 feet long. Does anyone have experience with these hauling the type loads I described? Any tips on maintaining them? Or is this just a waste of my time? They both have been sitting for a couple years so I have a little work to get one road ready. I have a tri-axle lowboy tractor with wet kit I was going to pull them with. thanks,
I can tell you that a friend of mine, just left NC, to go to Ala. or Ms. for storm cleanup for FEMA. I never ask what he was going to get paid, but he did say, he would be there about 3 months and he wouldnt have to work the rest of the year Good Luck
Thanks for responding, I think now I'm going to put one of these ram push trailers back to use. You reminded me of the time we worked at ground 0 during the aftermath of Hugo in Charleston & then Andrew in Miami. Back then we used dumps but this would actually be a better setup if the same situation arose again along the coast here. In the mean time I have plenty use for hauling landscaping material in bulk back to our yard to divide up into single axle loads of manure,top soil,chips,etc...