Just saw this come across the newsertubes. Hope there are no RR grade crossings on the way! (or hills, or valleys, or raised manhole covers...) It looks like it was hauled by J. Supor and Sons Trucking and Rigging There is a Facebook page for the move it seems, including a tracker so you can tell where in the journey to NC it is: https://www.facebook.com/ft1549 I messed with borrowing, resizing and uploading 2 pics for quick eye candy and to make sure that broken links won't spoil things completely in the future, and then here are some more pictures and the story: http://millburn.patch.com/articles/taking-the-back-roads-miracle-on-the-hudson-leaves-nj-6#c And from from AP/Google: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jtpYD43c6S43FDbkBqS9ijvtrepg?docId=65ea5e4e4e5b401f9815e3420d89e02a Enjoy! Ben~
I was in Kearny NJ and watched that plane when it landed, well until the buildings of Bayone NJ blocked my view.
Any particular reason why it went to the location in Carolina as opposed to another museum?
Thanks, Ben. It was headed to Charlotte when it took off. (I'm guessing that's why it's going there now.) Hmmm... I wonder if this'll go against USAirways' on time arrival rating?
the thing I don't like is every one needs to have "THEIR NAME" on stuff these days. it's just another rolling billboard, that will garner a lot of media attention... In my book it should be hauled as the original plane.. not an ad gimmick... I know they donated to the project... A cool moment in history that doesn't need to be a rolling billboard... to further the companies involved with the move... when it's unloaded will each worker have two workers carrying a banner for their company.. like I said a great moment in history turned in to an event of media hookers. Rent a uhaul put the names on it.... no need to clutter the plane up with ads... ok done and a great job SULLY
I want the K dub...
Can anybody educate me on the trailer......manufacturer, and how it goes together?
Here ya go, its a diamond trailer, http://www.diamondheavyhaul.com/gallery/Perimeter-6-7-8-Trailers/7010008.JPG.php its not the trailer used but its dam close... Diamond trailers on American Trucker, http://www.hulu.com/watch/228027/american-trucker-big-load#x-0,vepisode,1,0
Thanks tonka, I think I also remember seeing this company on American Trucker earlier on this year.
since it was already in the hudson, why not float it on a barge to nc? No oversize permits on the ocean...
They had to fish it out and take it somewhere on land for the NTSB to investigate the physical damage. And nobody to look at all those corporate sponsor's logos either. That's probably a bigger reason...