Hello, I am adding a thumb to my backhoe. I have a late serial number 710D with the Husco valve bank for the backhoe. There is no pressure relief on the aux circuit. I bent a ram already.... Parts dept says they can't find anything specifically for the aux circuit in the books. Looks like they came with none and just ran off system pressure. I suppose the aux was designed for a hammer and thats about it? We talked about putting the deere relief for the boom down on the aux, thats a lower PSI. But they want over 600 dollars for it. Has anyone ever found that any other Husco valves will work in these spools? I have a feeling they aren't propitiatory to deere.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/165004242467?hash=item266b04ee23:g:fD4AAOSwqhZhDTgt This one looks how I remember it looking - down to that goofy lip seal. Had one out this summer. Would anyone agree with me that the valve in the ebay listing looks to be adjustable? 4000 psi is too much. I need 2000-2200psi to be safe. Thoughts, comments, ideas welcome
Looks like they're adjustable
Using one of these would eliminate altering your JD valve.
This is plan B. Problem is I don’t have a great way to mount one of these. Also most I have looked at have 3/4” NPT ports and my machine has 1” ORFS fittings on it, so trying to get that all plumbed in is a fair amount of fittings, adaptors and hoses. The material cost is about half the valve from Deere. But it is an option The machine pictured must have a case drain plumbed up to the end of the boom?
Any online hydraulic fitting vendor should have an npt to orfs adapter for less than $10.00 @. The relief valve can be located anywhere. It does not have to be on the dipper. You are only limited by how/ where you want to route the hoses. I had very good results with a flow diverter valve plumbed into a stabilizer circuit for my thumb. The thumb cylinder should have the same diameter rod and pressure specs as the stabilizer cylinder to avoid damage to it.