Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic remote Tee

catfixer ยท 2015-12-07 00:05

I have a customer with a newer kubota tractor. This tractor has something I've never seen before. The 3 point hitch is run off hoses that plug into the hydraulic remotes. He has a log splitter he runs on the tractor and wants me to see what I can do about making it so that he doesn't have to keep unhooking and hooking up hoses. A second set of remotes for the tractor would be pretty high priced. I'm wondering if there's some kind of tee I could rig up with a valve in the middle so he could just turn 2 valve when he wants to use the splitter or the hitch.

Replies6
  1. #1mikebramel2015-12-07 00:56

    Yes, you're looking for a selector valve http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...2-NPT-20-GPM-DOUBLE-SELECTOR-VALVE-9-4128.axd

  2. #2excavator2015-12-07 12:30

    A couple of high pressure 3 way ball valves is all you need.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-12-07 13:14

    Until you get one one way and the other the opposite and something goes boom..... Something to think about.

  4. #4nowing752015-12-07 19:10

    Is that the power beyond? What model tractor is it

  5. #5excavator2015-12-07 19:42

    I realize that you have to think about making things idiot proof but with a cylinder on the log splitter and likely a cylinder being used for the 3 point I seriously doubt that you could blow anything up by having the valves in the wrong position. Being an ag tractor with relatively low pressure hydraulics I would guess that it just wouldn't work. But then, yes, we've all seen people that could break anything. A saying from an old mechanic that has since passed away, "give them a ball bearing and send them out in the woods and they'll be back in 15 minutes with parts."

  6. #6wrwtexan2015-12-08 00:15

    You might want to check Kubota's parts page. The lift should have its own supply routing and a position control which will stroke the valve out when it reaches the desired height. If not, there is no protection against pushing the lift piston out of its bore and possibly breaking the lift cover. Never have I seen in all of my ag tractor repair have I seen anything like this except for older machines with a cobbled together add on lift. If it is plugged into the auxiliary valve outlets, likely someone has screwed something up and rigged it to work. See if it has another lever dedicated for position control.