Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

rechargeable grease guns – which are turds, what is best??

TreeHogger ยท 2015-12-10 13:29

Greetings, I have a tree farm, with a lot of equipment to maintain, so I am going to buy a battery powered grease gun to save some time. (Plus, when I am on a step ladder greasing my excavator, some times I need one hand to hold the gun, and the other to push hard on the zerk...) What brand should I buy, or avoid?? Ideally, I would like to buy one where I could also use the batteries and charging systems for other tools? (Sawsall etc._ Thoughts? Thanks, Mark

Replies7
  1. #1lumberjack2015-12-10 13:38

    Milwaukee M18 Fuel for me. I have three impacts, grinder, and grease gun, all work well.

  2. #2Jonas3022015-12-10 13:41

    I really like the dewalts no trouble with 2 of them having the same batts as other tools put a lock and lube coupler on the end http://locknlube.com/ lower the hoe to grease no stepladders

  3. #3roddyo2015-12-10 13:47

    Milwaukee m18 for me.

  4. #4Shimmy12015-12-10 19:04

    Lincoln, Dewalt , Milwaukee all pretty much equal. Milwaukee has a selector for number of pumps. I prefer Lincoln, although we have a Dewalt as well because we have all Dewalt cordless tools. 18 V. One thing to remember, I've been told you can't let Lithium-ion batteries freeze or they will be damaged.

  5. #5nowing752015-12-10 20:02

    Dewalt has worked well for us. I would recommend the milwalkee 18v fuel if your planing to buy an impact as they are far better than dewalt.

  6. #6mitch5042015-12-10 22:01

    I used an Alemite for years and loved it. I bought a Milwaukee M18 this fall and it's ok, but's no Alemite when it comes to loading and bleeding air, etc. I bought the M18 because it's the same batteries as my grinder, impact wrenches, drills, sawzall, etc., etc. My M18 Fuel High Torque wrench beats all the others I tried, at 750 ft/lb. My 3 smaller M18 and M12 wrenches are great, too. You scared me when you said that so I went to Milwaukee's website and checked. They say their Lithium-ion batteries and tools work efficiently down to about 0f or -18c. If the battery gets below that, it'll buzz when you install it. If that happens, run the tool with no load for a few seconds untill it warms up. www.milwaukeetool.com/accessories/batteries-and-chargers/48-11-1828 documents.milwaukeetool.com/58-14-1801d8.pdf

  7. #7Shimmy12015-12-10 22:27

    That's good to know. I did a little research, too. Sounds like how they can be damaged is by charging them when frozen. Apparently the cold reduces the maximum charge, so they get overcharged if frozen. Didn't mean to scare ya.