Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic rod repair

total clearing ยท 2013-01-05 16:54

Hi, I own a CASE 9030 and the bucket cylinder is scored. Is Belzona a good product to fix the scores? Or any other suggestion to fix my problem? Thanks Nick

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2013-01-05 17:08

    How deep and to what extent is the damage ? Which Belzona product are you thinking about using ?

  2. #2total clearing2013-01-05 17:13

    There are a few scores. I would say the deepest would be 1\16 deep and maybe the size of a dime. I spoke with the Belzona sales manager here in Canada and he recomended me the Belzona 1111.

  3. #3Tinkerer2013-01-06 11:24

    It would be a bad situation if the patch dislodged inside the cylinder and got into the hydraulic system. I took my bucket cylinder to hydraulic repair shop. They cut the eye off my damaged rod (2" OD) and welded it onto a new rod. $440.00 including new seals in the gland and tightening the nut properly. I did have the rod assembly out of the barrel when I took it to them.

  4. #4total clearing2013-01-06 19:57

    Ok thanks I'll bring it in a hydraulic shop.

  5. #5greggn2013-01-07 18:53

    We have had 4 or 5 cylinders rebuilt for our older Cat excavators 215 and 235. They do excellent work but are in Toronto near the airport. www.essltd.com

  6. #6B.K.Jackson2013-01-07 20:29

    When you take it to the Hydraulic shop, ask if they can have it re-cromed. If it is not pitted or scored too bad this is a much cheaper option.