Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulics too fast

rockfarm ยท 2022-09-13 15:55

got a cat 262 skidsteer its hydraulics are way too jerky almost to the point where you can not operate it with rpms a little higher. Can the hydraulics be turned down?

Replies7
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-09-15 22:11

    First time Ive heard a guy say his machine was to fast and to responsive with to much power.

  2. #2Coaldust2022-09-16 02:07

    Just what I was thinking. Lol. But seriously, those are miserable machines to run. I rent a ragged-out 262 on occasion ( for reasons. Cheap & convenient) and I agree. They suck to run.

  3. #3rockfarm2022-09-16 13:07

    it's not that I mind the power it's just that i want to be able to control it. Lots of power is not that useful if you can't control or direct it.

  4. #4John C.2022-09-17 10:44

    Run the engine at half throttle.

  5. #5rockfarm2022-09-19 10:30

    that works to a certain extent as they are STILL to jerky. besides, that does not fix the problem. i want to make this machine WORK. ( but still be reasonable of course)

  6. #6Coaldust2022-09-19 16:57

    Did you recently acquire this machine or did these symptoms just start occurring? I was working for a dealer when Cat introduced the first line of skid steers and starting pushing their compact equipment line. The skid steer A and B models were plagued with problems and rough around the edges. Countless PIP/PSP and service letters. If this was my project, first thing I would do is review all those old documents. But, I think you will find this is a feature of the creature. Especially, for a high- hour, 20+ year old machine. Who knows? IDK? Just my 2 cents as a crusty old former Cat dealer service tech. BTW, Had a weird service call this morning. The local health care clinic asked me to inspect the high voltage transformer on their x-Ray machine. The oil level was low and the anode & cathode coils were arcing. Whoduthunk? What do skid steers and x-Ray machines have in common? Small town Alaska.

  7. #7rockfarm2022-09-19 20:59

    the machine is a 2015 with low hours, but i think you're right Coaldust, it's a feature of the creature. BTW at my age hopefully I'm always open to a 2 cent deposit. The symptoms were there from the start.