I just purchased a 1978 or a 1974 TD15C. Will 10W-20W universal hydrolic fluid work in this machine. I have the manuals and it says I.H. PMS B26-0006 I called a dealer in Tulsa,OK and he says they no longer make that oil. He said Komotsu reccomends T0-10 hydrolic or 15W-40 engine oil. He thinks the universal 10W-20 will be ok. My dozer does have the tilt cylinder. My manual gives a different reccomended oil because of that. Thanks in advance.
Yes, requkar hyd fluid works fine in the hydraulics and trans, were are you in Oklahoma?
landsalesman I live at Lake Tenkiller which is in Eastern Oklahoma. I just purchased the machine to clear 97 acres on a mountain overlooking the lake.
SAE 10wt engine oil would work well, or a straight weight hydraulic oil like AW46. Both would be cheaper I believe, than the multi-vis.
Like surfer-joe said, AW46 will work fine. Just make sure you put it in the right tank! My buddy Matt has a TD-15C. A few years ago he hired a guy with supposedly 30 years expierince. Well anyway, the "skinner" was close to running out of fuel so he came and found Matt. Matt told him to take his pickup down to the dozer and fill it up out of the drag tank. A couple hours later, Matt finishes up what he was doing on the hoe, sees his pickup parked back where it was, so he went up the road to see how his new guy was doing. The dozer was parked about 200 yards down a little spur off the log raod they were building, and no one was around. He went down there, had a look around, got mad cause the guy hadnt done anything he was supposed to. Matt jumps on the dozer, fires it up, lifts the blade, gets shot in the face with a hydroloic/diesel mixture cause the new guy filled the hyd tank full of fuel, relized what he did, and went down the road to help the pipe crew. Now Matt is one of the calmest loggers I know. He called and told me he was jumping his 3500 Dodge that wieghs close to 10,000 pounds over the rolling dips in the road to find this idiot. When he found the guy, he said he was shaking so bad, and seeing nothing but red, all he could tell the guy was "Leave now, your check is in the mail." Man I would have loved to have been there! Jason
I hope I didn't screw up. I added 10w20 universal fluid today and overfilled the machine. The sight glass is old and fogged so I filled to the bottom of the strainer on the tank which is about 6 inches above the full line. I was told by a couple operators that they did not think it would hurt to do this. Now the machine will hardly move or steer. I only went a few feet and turned it off. The clutch pressure guage bounces back and fort also. I will take fluid out tomorrow and see what happens. Any suggestions.
Did you put it in the transmission or the hyd tank?
I added the fluid to the tank beside the fuel tank. Both are located behind the driver's seat. I only see one other fluid level check. It goes thru the floor just to the left of the drivers seat. It appears to be a thicker oil. I assumed it goes to the final drives?
The smaller tank is the hydraulic tank. The tube with the dip stick to the left of the operators seat is the transmission fill tube. Completely different reservoirs. The final drives are checked and filled on the finals themselves. Should be a plug that says 'level', or 'fill', about half way up the case, and one at the bottom that is the drain. If your clutch pressure gauge is bouncing, and the machine wont move, it is most likely low on transmission oil. 30wt. drive train will work just fine for the transmission. Jason
the tran needs a Universal Hyd-Tran Fluid, that meets Specification for TO-2 and IH hy-tran fluid. SEA10w from +20deg and up, 5W30 below 20degs
Hello, Is Anyone familiar with the TD15C, Powershift with the hydraulically controlled setup. I have a a TD15C and it only has low speed in forward. Reverse functions in both speeds high and low. I watch the clutch pressure guage and with each shift it drops a little and then goes back up showing that the tractor is making a shift. The guage does not move when I shift into high gear forwards. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
My dad, who is 80 years old, bought one of these dozers for clearing around the farm. He has not run it before, I have run it some and he has a cousin who has run it some. I'm not particularly good at it, but it is a sweet running machine and I enjoy it when I have the time. Anyway, he called me a little while ago and he has made the same mistake as JTL's buddy Matt's operator made - he has topped off the hydraulic tank up next to the fuel tank with diesel fuel. I'm relieved to know it's not the transmission, but my question is, where exactly is the correct drain plug for draining that reservoir? I'm not a heavy equipment mechanic in any sense of the word, but I do need to get this thing drained and refilled before damages something in a major way. Thanks for any input...
There is a plug at the bottom of the hydraulic tank. It is at about the same level as the bottom of the fuel tank, but to the right under the hyd tank. If you have not run the machine after it was filled with diesel you will have no problem, just fill with new hyd oil or 10W engine oil. If it has been used, then you'll have the diesel mixed all over the hydraulic system. (pump, cylinders and lines) FWD
It has been moved, and the blade had to be raised to do that, but as far as I know it has not been used other than that.
FWD I’am the current owner of the t15c in your picture. Did you own it at one time? If so, i would love to talk to you about it.
Yes, I had a 1974 15-C that I purchased in 1994 with that blade on it. I ran it quite a bit and in 2007 I bought another 15C a 78 model with an angle blade on it which was really wore out. I put tracks fron the 74 on the 78 and the right final drive from the 74 on the 78 along with the blade. Also put several new bushings and pins in some parts of the track frame etc. not the tracks themselves. The sad part is that I never used that 15C and traded it for a front end loader in 2016. I don't think I had a hundred hours on it by 2014 and it did not get used at all in 2015. I had changed the type of work I did and did not have much call for that size dozer. FWD. email [email protected]
OK I sent you a couple emails and some pictures of the one I have currently maybe you can identify if it is the one you owned. I know it is a early 70s somewhere between 72 and 74 or five
My TD7G is newer & smaller. IH used to have Hy Tran. HY Tran is an oil that has changed over the years, change for the better. It has additives to emulsify water, for wet brakes, anti foaming agents & a good many more I don't understand. I've used it in many IH machines & now Case owns IH for farm machinery, Case no longer offers TCH fluid, & substitutes Hy Tran. Only problem I see in using Hy Tran is cost. You won't have problems because you used it.