Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyster KE Karry Krane

toolsd · 2010-05-28 00:11

New here, 1st real post. My 16yr old son just gave me a Hyster Karry Krane (model KE) for my birthday! No kidding, his boss (works at a local truck shop) gave it to him for the deal. It's been sitting about 10 years, have a carb kit on the way, I think it'll run. I dabble in woodworking and metal working machines. Getting these machines, which tend to run between 1 and 4 thousand pounds, to the middle of a typical 16' tandam axle trailer is a challenge with all but rather large forklifts, this little crane fits the bill perfectly. It's really a forklift with a boom rather than fork mast. Anyone have experience with them? Until I get further into the project really just looking for anecdotal info. Cheers, Mike "Tools" Danford

Replies3
  1. #1heavylift2010-05-28 16:05

    Is this what it looks like​

  2. #2toolsd2010-05-28 16:43

    Nope. Mine is orange! Ok, yep, that's it. In fact, we got it running today and drove it around the yard. First time it's moved on it's own in ten years I reckon. Have the winch operating, the boom works fine, same with steering. The clutch I think is massively out of adjustment. I just idled it WAAAY down and popped it in gear. Drives nicely, has no problems with regular yard, plenty of tire to keep it afloat. Brakes work fine. The motor isn't in great shape, will need a rebuild before too long judging by the smoke, which isn't REAL bad, but there. Had plenty of power so I can primp and preen it a lot before going into it that hard. I'm putting up a small building in the not too distant future, this thing is gonna be heaven sent when it's time to move the machine shop about 500 feet into it. Tools, who will research the picture posting procedure

  3. #3chester nading2014-03-19 16:30

    looking for a hoist clutch assembly for a model ke 10000lb karrykrane