Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stinky Lid

Tiny ยท 2010-05-29 16:39

Latest AC180 job involved putting A lid on a sewage treatment tank . I love my job . No room either and the lid weighed 63,000 lbs

Replies11
  1. #1mitch5042010-05-29 16:55

    Hey Tiny, are you actually a truckdriver or a crane operator? or both?

  2. #2Tiny2010-05-29 18:51

    Mitch , I am a driver.But with that being said I have around cranes working on them as a mechanic,setting them up,hauling them around the KC area since 1980 (Longer than some of ya have been alive LOL). Most of the pics come from being on the job until the machine is done so we can get it loaded and headed to the next job...........Did you have a question beside that ?? LOL I have stood beside Operators that haven't a clue and tell them "Take that lever on the right.....NO your other right and push it forward"................

  3. #3Tiny2010-05-29 18:59

    I do however run this boom truck

  4. #4mitch5042010-05-29 20:12

    Been there done that:exactly I just wondered what you did cause you get to do some neat stuff.:notworthy

  5. #5willie592010-05-29 20:14

    Hey now...OCR is old as Methuselah! :cool2 Wow Tiny, you acutally work with some socially refined men...they close the lid on the toilet! :tong

  6. #6Tiny2010-05-29 20:18

    Lol Had not thought of that.They are serious about that lid.Has to pass a vacuum test before they are done!!

  7. #7willie592010-05-29 20:26

    OMG...and they know how to "flush" as well! Bah ha ha ha

  8. #8Tiny2010-05-29 20:31

    Oh my Atco , your having way too much fun with this.Remind me to tell the story of when they dug one of those tanks out with 50 ton American and a clam bucket

  9. #9td25c2010-05-29 20:33

    I love your rigg Tiny Mr Tiny is a master multitasker running a boom truck,hauling,rigging ,wrenching,& doing whatever it takes to get the job done.My hat is off to ya Tiny:notworthy.Nice job pictures,wait a second,I hear a song coming....... Theres 26 wheels on a big riggggggg! and there rollin,rollin,rollin,rollin,rollin,rollin,rollin Keep up the good work:thumbsup

  10. #10willie592010-05-29 20:36

    Oh man...I wouldn't want to be the oiler on that rig and have to grease the sheaves on that plunger bucket.

  11. #11Tiny2010-07-23 21:05

    finally uploaded the vid to go with this; YouTube - P5240282