Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HYUNDAI R55-7 Fuel Cut solenoid CN-72

1hdt ยท 2023-07-27 02:19

Hello all new to forums. -I have a hyundai r55-7 robex I'm doing up in the winter. -The fuel cut solenoid was replaced as it wasn't clicking in when I start the engine. I checked the power to the wires and found it was getting 12v to the Red and black wires but not the blue wire which retracts the solenoid. -The wiring is labeled with CN-72 on the plug end but tracing the wires back I cannot find any wires in the cab with cn-72 leading me to a solenoid. I can manually push in the solenoid spare and it stays in, then when I turn the ignition key off the solenoid releases. Can someone please supply a service manual for me please. Email adress: [email protected]

Replies12
  1. #1uffex2023-07-27 05:38

    Good day Normally the black is ground are you sure this is not the case? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #21hdt2023-07-27 06:11

    Hi there Uffex, Yes i earthed to black with the multimeter. i managed to find a manual in scribd this is what i found. now i need to work out what to do next.

  3. #3uffex2023-07-27 06:27

    Good day You have three lines to the solenoid Black common groung > Red is normally the holding line for Yanmar > the remaining cable is often white but you have blue this should be live 12 volts for a short time when the key is on, it sounds like this is not happening. Known as the pulling coil. With a multi-meter check this line and see what is happening. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #41hdt2023-07-27 06:40

    okay i'll check the pulling coil, from what i can see the solenoid needs to be held in at all times, as soon as the solenoid looses power the pin returns and stops the engine. I found this in the trouble shooting section.

  5. #51hdt2023-07-29 03:40

    -Here is the solenoid I replaced which I thought would resolve the issue. -I have tested the blue and red wires to ground (black) and found constant 12vdc on the red wire, and 11.7vdc for about 1 second on the blue wire, not enough grunt to pull the pin in the fuel solenoid. Next photo.

  6. #61hdt2023-07-29 03:41

    This is the plug I had to re-use for the fuel solenoid as the new plug was different. I soldiered and het shrinked the joint.

  7. #71hdt2023-07-29 03:44

    The middle solenoid is the fuel solenoid relay, which supplies 12vdc (11.7) to the fuel solenoid, via the blue cable. The red and yellow wires supply voltage from the timer relay to charge the relay coil.

  8. #81hdt2023-07-29 04:10

    Few extra photos fyp.

  9. #91hdt2023-07-29 04:13

    Here is the timing switch cr-50

  10. #101hdt2023-07-29 04:41

    I'm pretty sure the issue I'm having is with the starter relay timer switch. It's getting 11.7vdc but it's not on long enough to send juice to the coil

  11. #111hdt2023-07-29 07:04

    Resolved!, Initially thought the fuel solenoid wasn't getting power for long enough as it's supplied through the fuel solenoid timer. However I bridged the terminals on the timer to give constant 12v power to the relay and found only 4vdc at the solenoid plug. I wiggled the wires at the fuel solenoid relay and found the power jumped up to 11.7vdc. This indicated a poor joint or issue with the relay CN-47 put it all back together and it started like a treat. Problem solved. Hopefully I can pass on the help in future to someone else. Cheers. Matt

  12. #12uffex2023-07-29 10:21

    Good day That's good news, compliments on the illustrations Kind regards Uffex