Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I built a receiver plate for our Case CX50B excavator

Jbullfrog ยท 2012-06-14 23:59

I unloaded a 40ton press with the our excavator and the bucket with a chain hook on the back. It wasn't working do to the height of the press. This is what I came up with for future lifting tasks. I had the welding shop cut the 1/2" plate for the sides and base on their plasma table and then I put the rest together in my shop. I used 2-3/4" cylinder rod for the pins. I cut them the length of my standard bucket pins, so they are a little long for this. I like them because they wear well and don't rust. The only issue is grinding through the chrome on both sides before you drill the retainer pin holes. I used the 2" square tube with the plan to build a frame for a 42" garden tractor blade for grading and a long hook finger for pulling beaver dams apart.

Replies2
  1. #1maddog2012-06-15 16:12

    nice

  2. #2CM19952012-06-15 20:06

    That's pretty slick.:thumbsup With the receiver hitch tube you could use any type of hitch to move trailers around the yard and shop as well.