Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I feel stupid but have to ask

Criss Brock ยท 2024-08-08 18:48

So I have an 06 D5N LGP and it needs a new radio, am I going to have to put a 24 to 12 converter on it or does anyone know if it came factory with 12v for the audio system?

Replies5
  1. #1DDoug2024-08-08 20:01

    get a cheap HF DVM (they used to give them away for free) and simply measure the voltage supplied to the existing radio.

  2. #2reganj2024-08-08 20:08

    I am going to say 99.9 percent chance it is 12 volt unless some one corrects me.

  3. #3heymccall2024-08-08 20:22

    The serial number build ticket will reveal if it has a 24-12 converter, and/ or radio prewire. Every Cat I had came with a 12v radio.

  4. #4MarcusZ19672024-08-08 21:13

    Any labels or tags on the back of the old radio? p.s. someone could look it up with serial.

  5. #5Cliffy2024-08-09 17:16

    I remember the good ol radio days before everyone got those fang dangled digital handheld music boxes. I personally use ear plugs and bone conduction headphones.