Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I got a unique Machine

Crazyframerguy ยท 2018-05-12 23:36

have a faresin Houlotte Fh 3500/14 F is the model I bought last year. Having some boom issues. Not sure why it won't move. I even have my mechanic helping me. Hoping it's something simple and not the pump. The biggest issue I'm having is no knowledge of this particular machine. Any ideas? The valves all work. I have been learning about hydraulics trying to come up with a solution. I have not looked at the suction filter yet but that's my plan.

Replies9
  1. #1Mobiltech2018-05-13 11:13

    Does it sound like it's trying to lift or nothing at all ?

  2. #2Crazyframerguy2018-05-13 11:17

    The wierd thing is my outriggers we're working and and my osilation was too. But now the osilation works but super slow

  3. #3Crazyframerguy2018-05-13 11:24

    Nothing at all.

  4. #4Crazyframerguy2018-05-13 11:26

    Also I tried a new joystick

  5. #5f311fr12018-05-13 12:55

    Have you put a gauge inline from the pump outlet to the control valve? Pressure is resistance to flow so no pressure = no flow OR flow being bypassed back to tank.

  6. #6Crazyframerguy2018-05-13 12:58

    The mechanic did some tests not sure what he did but I can ask him if he did that one.

  7. #7old-iron-habit2018-05-19 11:32

    What did he tell you when he completed his work. I'm confused about lack of information here being it was looked at by a mechanic.

  8. #8Crazyframerguy2018-05-19 11:55

    He did pressure tests I just wasn't sure how he did them I was there. I know he connected to the pump itself. Today the plan is to see if theirs flow. If the pump is bad you could hear it surging no?

  9. #9Delmer2018-05-19 14:22

    You're going to need a manual, or to do some figuring on the machine to see what controls what. A pic of the pump and the extent of the electronics would probably help too. Most likely there's a mess of electrical switches in various points of the machine to control the safety system that aren't letting it do much. A pump that goes bad usually loses power gradually on all the functions evenly, unless something just broke, instead of wearing out. Letting it do some things but not others, and then none, seems more like malfunctioning safety system. The pressure and volume tests are only as good as your understanding of how the hydraulic pump works and what type it is. If your mechanic specializes in small block chevy's, or dodge cummins's then you might have to find a hydraulic mechanic. How about your steering and travel, do they work at all? how are they driven?