Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trencher Tire Design

overhaulin ยท 2018-05-12 06:21

I am looking at buy an older Vermeer 4150A and I need to replace the tires. This unit also has a small backhoe attachment and weighs in around 4500-5000 lbs. Is there a tire design and brand anyone might recommend that won't destroy the turf when I am just going on a property to dig small holes for tree rows? I hate to grind the edges off a new set of tires (29x12.5x15 6 ply) and my chances of hitting the lottery are probably better than finding a used set in good condition in this size. Any suggestions is appreciated!!

Replies2
  1. #1DIYDAVE2018-05-12 20:14

    It you go to a different wheel size, You may find more flexibility in tire sizes. You will need to post what the diameter of the bolt circle is, and how many bolts are in the circle, and the size of the center hole. I just went through this on a Kubota tractor, trying to change from turf, to R1 ag tires. Found that almost any american made tractor had the same bolt pattern, on the front wheels, that my kubota has on the rears...

  2. #2DIYDAVE2018-05-13 06:31

    Just spotted this on local Craig's list... https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/hvo/d/31xtrencher-wheels-and-tire/6582023199.html