Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I got an 1.25 acres to clear n need some ideas to place bid

Mavrickxxx ยท 2010-10-13 15:28

I have1.25 acres to clear it's a large job for me. It has lots of trees nothing worth any thing and most are small n alot of under brush. The lot is all sand. I can bury most of the stuff on site outside of that 1.25 acres was just wondering on some ideas to bid it

Replies7
  1. #1Beel2010-10-13 16:47

    1 day. D6 with brush rake. Burn instead of bury if you can.

  2. #2ontrac2010-10-13 22:59

    1/2 Day with case 850. Here kitty kitty!

  3. #3stumpjumper832010-10-14 00:14

    couple hrs w/ a tigercat forestry mower, no fire and no hole.

  4. #4Wolf2010-10-16 13:15

    are you allowed to burn in that area? would be faster no doubt.

  5. #5Hokiesmokes2010-10-30 18:32

    Burning would be cheapest. If you have to hire in a bandit beast or a tub grinder, tack on the cash. On projects I estimated, 800 an acre is what I used for clearing.

  6. #6xcavate2010-11-11 20:24

    I get $5000 an acre to clear grub and stump. Everything completely removed from the site.

  7. #7AmericanLandMgt2010-11-11 21:49

    I always get a kick out of seeing the responses for a land clearing job on this site. The range is anywhere from 200 per acre to 10,000 per acre. For that reason I try not to bid per acre so much as per job. If the customer wants a per acre number I just divide the amount by the total acreage. The particular peice of land can make the price gow ay up or down depending on the circumstances. Do you have your own equipment or are you renting? Does the customer wnat it raked or just stumped? It sounds like about a day clearing with my 13 ton excavater and then burn the next morning. I usually dig a hole and burn in the hole. Once its reduced to ash I cover it up. Here is how i would bid it: Equipment pick up and delivery: 500 unless the job is in the middle of nowhere 10 Hours with excavater @ 125 per hour: 1250 Four hours with skid steer or small dozer @ 65 per hour: 260 Four hours of fire monitoring @ 35 per hour: 140 Total cost: 2150 Just got finished with a job very similar to yours and it wound up costing right at 2000 dollars. Hope I was a little bit of help. Good luck Justin