Hi wise ones,and I really mean it,you guys have helped me so much,here another. My son used my 589ck last week,got it stuck. He says nothing happened,but I went to move it and my right axle will not spin. Thought I was on ice,nope,moves about a half inch then nothing. It's a 68ish 580ck. Please tell me it not serious,I know it is .HELP
Will it roll or is it locking up
Those diff locks will do it every time! Nothing time & money can't fix
Left side no issues rolls fine,just the right
I think more info is needed here. Is it still stuck and you can't get it out? If so then use the hoe to drag it out. Are you engaging the differential lock and it won't engage? Most machines have an open differential and will only spin one wheel unless you press a pedal to engage the differential lock.
Maybe you just broke an axle?
Well I got it. We warmed the whole rear up, and all of a sudden a pop, and was free.im thinking a ton of water inside froze. This spring will redo the seals and brakes.thanks so much for the idea, she’s running awesome
You really should drain the oil and look for anything that shouldn't be in it (the case). A forthcoming disaster may be hiding in it.
I bought an International Harvester utility tractor with 1100? hours. On the way home, it was on the trailer, my son called a friend who knows everything about every specific tractor. He said: "You realize that tractor was in a pond a month ago?" I made it home, stopped payment on the check. I pulled a few drain plugs, drained milkshake. I called the lady I bought it from. I explained I had learned of the swim it had, stopped payment. Did she want it back, or would we renegotiate? She called me a liar + a few other names, then hung up. Minutes later she called, wanted to talk about a new price. It was a big job! Draining did not work. Ended up dismantling the brakes to remove the last of the water. These days, it is a sweet tractor!
Get it warm again and get that milkshake outa there or something will break if you're gonna keep using it when it freezes again...Compare the cost of some heat and a new bucket of gear lube to the carnage it's gonna cause....
The brakes like to lock up on them,They seem to barely work or send you over the top. I have an old 430 left brake was froze this week took a little jerking around and then freed up.