A Case dealer is selling buckets of Tutella Hydraulic Oil advertised as “compatible to Hytran” for about $20 cheaper. It’s a CNHI product. A bud bought a couple buckets, but I’m sticking with Hytran as that’s what has always been used in my machine and it’s not worth $20 to me to make a change. For all I know, it may be the same stuff but CNHI describes Hytran as “hydraulic transmission oil” and the Tutella as “hydraulic oil”. May have different additives.
Here is a link to the 2016 introduction of Tutella Powershift HD. It describes it quite well. https://www.casece.com/northamerica...makes-tutela-powershift-hd-transmission-fluid
The Powershift HD makes sense. But what they are selling is an AW68 hydraulic oil: https://www.newhollandrochester.com/shop/87299897/
That would be an SAE 20W equivalent. Did you need a different weight (viscosity) ? There is a Tutela Powershift HD Transmission oil that is an SAE 30 weight. It is compatible with hydraulic systems according to CNH's specs. https://www.forconstructionpros.com...smission-fluid-available-through-case-dealers
Hytran has always been everywhere in my 580M except the engine; I’m not superstitious (or wealthy) but I figure I’ll stick with the Hytran haha. My original post was intended as informational. When I saw the display in the dealership window with the comparison to Hytran, my first thought was that this particular Tutela was intended for the hydraulics only but the parts counter told me it was fine anywhere you put Hytran. I think that’s incorrect.