Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need help again please on a cylinder seal kit ID for my old 430 backhoe

diver ยท 2016-05-30 11:16

I was talking to Grady the other day he mentioned that i could replace the seals myself. never really thought about doing it myself till he said he did his own. I found a seal on ebay from the # of old seal SKF CR-15160.. Im sure i will need other parts once i open up cylinder. Its a tie rod cylinder the picks up bucket. All the seal kits ive found are for a larger dia lift cylinder shaft and mine shaft is 1 1/2... Here is a pic where its leaking. I do not have any serial #s on tractor and have been told its an older 430.. Lots say the kits will fit a 430 but their shaft dia in kits are larger. thanks all....

Replies8
  1. #1RBMcCloskey2016-05-30 11:36

    I suggest you take the parts to a hydraulic repair shop, the should be able to match them up for you. Suggestion number 2, get spares.

  2. #2alskdjfhg2016-05-30 11:41

    When I did the gland seal on my 25k Hyster, I just took the gland to a seal shop, they measured it and for $25 bucks I got all the seals I needed (IIRC, there were 3 seals in the gland). Been working great for about a year now.

  3. #3Tinkerer2016-05-30 13:16

    Here is a link to another website where they are discussing a 430 loader. -----> http://www.mytractorforum.com/36-case/267000-id-j-i-case-loader.html That cylinder does not look like a Case made one. I dunno. The tractor serial number plate is or was on the right hand side of the instrument panel.

  4. #4onemank62016-05-30 16:34

    Diver i agree either go to your local hyd repair shop and have them get you a set or you might try Dale at 765-378-3396 if you get a hold of Dale and send him some pics he willbe able to id your machine and probably tell you if that is a case cylinder ..........good luck

  5. #5diver2016-05-30 19:48

    I just found this by accident. MY loader backhoe looks just like only diesel powered.. http://www.casece.com/en_us/Gallery/Downloads/xPM_LB_320/cce_LB_Historic_320_brochure_06-26-2009.pdf

  6. #6diver2016-05-30 19:50

    I just found this by accident. MY loader backhoe looks just like only diesel powered. http://www.casece.com/en_us/Gallery/Downloads/xPM_LB_320/cce_LB_Historic_320_brochure_06-26-2009.pdf

  7. #7Tinkerer2016-05-30 20:33

    It looks like you do have a 320. Here is a link to the cylinder you are needing parts for. ---> http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr49506ar737571 . Case did use rods to hold the cylinder together. I never stop learning new things about these old machines. Another link to the complete parts book. http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr49506ag4305580

  8. #8diver2016-05-31 04:47

    Thanks , It amazes me how i can search for days and then come here and get answer's in hours.. thanks again