Hi guys. Just bought a 1994 210SL a couple weeks ago. Great condition, love it so far but I got 2 minor issues with it ans I was wondering if I could get steering into the right direction from someone who's had similar issues: -I have a hydraulic oil leak coming from under the cab, i'll have to look where it comes from exactly but it seems to be near the steering column for some reason... -Also, under a little load, the bucket or forks drops down quite fast... shouldn't it stay right up? At least for a minute before starting to slowing drop under load...? Thanks!
Found the culprit for the oil leak: the brake master cylinder was leaking on the upper right side fitting. It's actually cracked just under it and it broke off while I tighten it. It'll l need to be replaced. Just wondering if you know a good place for used parts by any chance? I'm in Quebec. Or I'll need to order a new one, maybe you have a tip on where I should call for good prices.
There are dealers pretty well everywhere, here's one in Laval..... http://www.wajaxjcb.com/custompage.asp?pg=Laval But be prepared for a price shocker. Personally, I would go to "Ebay" and have it shipped in, much cheaper parts can be found there. Glad you found the leak. I have the 1994 JCB210S
Yeah, I think it's a better idea to look around on ebay too. BTW, it's a master cylinder (or "dozer" as the Europeans call it) from a Citroen Xantia